• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France

Bobisback

International Regular
Amazing win by Cav but could see Sagan getting him next year. Was just out of position coming around the corner, if he was on the wheel of Goss he could have jumped the both imo.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Very proud moment. Never thought I'd see a Brit win the tour and to have a number 2 as well is just a stunning performance. The dominance Sky asserted reminded me of the old days when US Postal just used to run things. Happy for Wiggo cos he seems like such a decent bloke who's been through his fair share of ****.

ripper868

International Coach
So....Bradley Wiggins was born in Belgium. Between the South African cricket team and Belgian cycling team it's good to see England is still **** at everything.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sooooo do Team Sky lose points now for carrying on the pace-making after Valverde (leader at the time) crashed in La Vuelta?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Was Sky + Katusha + (randomly) BMC, to be fair.

It's borderline, but the mitigating factors appear to be (i) the crash happened in the echelons after Sky started upping the tempo - i.e. they didn't attack because Valverde fell, Valverde fell because he was in a bad road position and couldn't keep tempo in the crosswinds, and (ii) no one likes Valverde.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think the latter decides it to be honest.

As for the other Spaniard who has returned from a drugs ban well I'm delighted to see him back. Think hat you want about Contador but he is great to watch, will make next years tour a lot more exciting.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sky incredible on the front again today. Henao made it impossible for anyone to go around them on the lower slopes, and then Uran's stint in the last km blew things apart.

uvelocity

International Coach
he's awesome. hasn't admitted to doping anyway, just said he cbf anymore. Wonder if the former team mates will still come out against him?

uvelocity

International Coach
probably. but it's not certain. and in a way saying nah **** you im not guilty and im not playing your game anymore isn't giving up.

If they come out and say what they were going to say anyway, it doesn't really matter what the tribunal decides (they pre-decided anyway didn't they?)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's simply a case of armstrong and his team have finally met something they can't bully their way past. instead of armstrong threatening to ruin your career, a government agency is threateningto put you up on trial if you don't talk. so they've talked. teammates have testified. armstrong is saying 'Enough is enough' 'cause he knows he's losing. he doesn't even have some hope.

ripper868

International Coach
Until clear cut samples proving Armstrong doped are produced he will be innocent in my eyes and the best TDF winner ever.

Besides, can't go awarding the 7 TDF's he won to the guy who came 39th - given almost everyone else has been done for doping - via positive samples.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i doubt that stuff gets changed around. cycling aren't doing the investigation. so i don't think there'll be much desire to change it. if armstrong admits to it, yep they have to change it. if a bunch of teammates admit to it (via say testimony) they might have to think about it. this? nah

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is a dickhead move from Armstrong. Clearly the drugs he took were not only performance enhancing, but cured his ball cancer.

If he would admit that he took drugs, people with ball cancer around the world will know the cure and be able to live happily ever after.

But no, Armstrong is a selfish prick.