• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 30 batsmen of the modern era (1990s -Current) - Updated

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
I have skimmed through, looked at the top 30 and there's clearly a lot of good work in this. Don't listen to people saying the list is rubbish because thing is, no one will ever agree on a single list. Having said that, I always think stats are the worst way of making a list, because they do not always showcase a players performance, their importance to the team and the wider game. KP for instance would be an obvious pick for my top 30, maybe even top 20, the guy was crucial in England winning back the Ashes, winning down under and winning in India, some of the hardest places to tour.

But anyway, that's my take, keep up the hard work!

Prince Of Ceylon

Cricket Spectator
This whole discussion is test only. De Silva was the better one day batsman
When I compare batsman I don't just go on stats or tests alone. I look at the team they played for and both formats of the game and at peak play. Statistically Samanaweera is better than De Silva in tests - he was more consistent. And averaged nearly 10 more. But the idea that Samanaweera was a better player or test player is ROFL :lol:.

Alaistair cook is in the list but no KP??? England's best batsman from the modern era is between KP and GG for me. I mean Robin smith was way better than cook too. Are we really saying Chanderpaul was better than Mark Taylor?? Its all a load of nonsense.

Gob

International Coach
When I compare batsman I don't just go on stats or tests alone. I look at the team they played for and both formats of the game and at peak play. Statistically Samanaweera is better than De Silva in tests - he was more consistent. And averaged nearly 10 more. But the idea that Samanaweera was a better player or test player is ROFL :lol:.

Alaistair cook is in the list but no KP??? England's best batsman from the modern era is between KP and GG for me. I mean Robin smith was way better than cook too. Are we really saying Chanderpaul was better than Mark Taylor?? Its all a load of nonsense.
And I don't. Good day