• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 30 batsmen of the modern era (1990s -Current) - Updated

Gob

International Coach
The rankings are the result of several months of work. A bit disappointed that I posted the first countdown at a premature stage. But **** it, both was fun. Hope to see you guys soon with the ODI batsmen or test bowlers rankings.

Thank you.
Please do test bowler ranking first

Gob

International Coach
The rankings are the result of several months of work. A bit disappointed that I posted the first countdown at a premature stage. But **** it, both was fun. Hope to see you guys soon with the ODI batsmen or test bowlers rankings.

Thank you.
Indian fansezgif-7-2d566accb4d0.gif

Gob

International Coach
Nah fast and spin blowers should be done together so we can see where Murali and Warne stands among the quicks. Well we can still see it even if they do it separately

Gob

International Coach
Nah fast and spin blowers should be done together so we can see where Murali and Warne stands among the quicks. Well we can still see it even if they do it separately
TF did I say blowers I mean bowlers

Victor Ian

International Coach
Kallis is underrated because he was around at the same time as Lara, Tendulkar and to a lesser extent Ponting. In earlier eras they would have written songs about him.
We love Kallis.
He's manly like a phallus.
He looks like Shrek except he isn't green.
He hits the ball with malice.
And everyone is jealous.
So they rarely pick him in their all time team.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
doesn’t make sense. A spin bowler’s action doesn’t expend energy and so they typically bowl a lot more per match. So even with a slightly higher average they can take more wickets. You can’t compare the two. Who is worth more a bowler with 22 avg and 50 strike rate who gets tired in 25 overs or a bowler with 27 avg And 60 strike rate getting tired in 50 overs? Depends on the rest of your attack. A spinner can carry a poor team but a fast bowler is probably a better addition to an already great attack.This doesn’t even take into account spinners’ tendency to be injured less, have longer careers etc. Totally different functions

Victor Ian

International Coach
And yet we did not need separate threads for openers v midorder bats. Do them altogether. It's easy enough to parse out if needed.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I meant to ask @venkyrenga - was Graham Gooch considered for this, or discounted because he didn't play enough during the period? It would be interesting to know what he would have come out at, given how prolific he was in the early 1990s.