• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This theory that is mine. Makhaya Ntini - Umpires call on LBWs

NickDB

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Was listening to to the Bangladesh vs India game on the radio earlier and Makhaya Ntini was commentating and making a lot of sense for a change.

They were discussing umpires calls for LBW decisions and he was bemoaning the fact that bowlers have little benefit of the doubt now days. His suggestion was that if a LBW is reviewed and it's an umpires call on pitching in line but is definitely hitting the stumps it should be out.

So it would be

Umpires call - Pitching in line & definitely hitting wickets = Out
Umpires call - Pitching in line & umpires call hitting wickets = Not out
Definitely pitching in line & umpires call hitting wickets = Not out.

I'm have to say I agree with him, but thought is an interesting discussion.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well of course Ntini would want more leeway with where the ball could pitch.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
"This theory that is mine" ???

Couldn't you just say "My theory"?

It's bothering me.

Spark

Global Moderator
Worth remembering that there exist actual people who regularly attend the cricket who still don't understand pitching outside leg being not out. So, y'know, there's a limit to how complicated we can make this system.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Worth remembering that there exist actual people who regularly attend the cricket who still don't understand pitching outside leg being not out. So, y'know, there's a limit to how complicated we can make this system.
Those people suck