• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This could potentially be the best era for ODI's

Xuhaib

International Coach
Curently the top 7 (top 8 if full strength Winides comes back) are quite close to each other. India at full strength might be a touch ahead but they cannot dominate like Australia did with this bowling attack.

All ICC needs to do is cut down on meaningless games and make sure we get quality wickets and we might see just ODI's getting back on track and surviving this onslaught from T-20's.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed. All future tours should have 3 ODIs & 3 T20s. That would be a fair balance in the future IMO, since T20s needs to be taken more seriously & stop being treated like exhibition matches. While ODIs given the rise of T20s needs to pull back.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I really enjoy watching ODI's at the moment to be honest, probably more so now that at any other time since about 2002.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I'm Just Loving ODI Cricket
for me, we should have more & more Tournaments which incldes more than 2 teams

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
^ i agree, I have always said they should have more tournaments with 3 or 4 teams, every body is excited in watching these kind of tournaments, i am not sure why in the last 3 or 4 years ICC has cut back on these multi nations tournaments.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Indeed. All future tours should have 3 ODIs & 3 T20s. That would be a fair balance in the future IMO, since T20s needs to be taken more seriously & stop being treated like exhibition matches. While ODIs given the rise of T20s needs to pull back.
yep, i think all tour series should be 3 tests, 3 odis and 3 20/20

except Ashes ofcourse, which is good at 5 tests

pup11

International Coach
I think I a lot of people haven't realised this, but its league T20 cricket that has really took off and an international T20 game really doesn't hold much importance or meaning the way things are atm.

I think there is nothing wrong in having a 5 ODI bilateral series between good ODI sides, and just to ensure you don't have any dead rubbers, the series should be put an end to once a side achieves an unassailable lead in the series.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I think I a lot of people haven't realised this, but its league T20 cricket that has really took off and an international T20 game really doesn't hold much importance or meaning the way things are atm.
I wont say international T20 has no importance. But rather the scheduling from the dumb ICC is making it hard for national sides to not have serious series of T20 matches during a tour.

I think there is nothing wrong in having a 5 ODI bilateral series between good ODI sides, and just to ensure you don't have any dead rubbers, the series should be put an end to once a side achieves an unassailable lead in the series.
Yea i have no problem with a 5 match ODI series being played with top ODI sides. But we need to strike a balance due to rise of T20s & player burnout somehow. Thats why i reckon 3 ODIs & 3 T20s would be fair for everybody.

The abolishing of dead rubbers in a series is a bit too extreme though.