• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things you find in a football ground...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I've just spent the last 3 hours helping to clear up St James' following yesterday's game, ready for Tuesday's LDV clash with Swindon Town. It's quite amazing what you find on the terraces:
  • £1.83
  • A Golf Tee
  • A Programme
  • Someone's Junk Mail
Add to that a ridiculous amount of plastic Bovril cups, fag ends, tea stirrers and raffle tickets, plus a shredded Essex Yellow Pages that the Braintree fans had thrown up in the air as the teams ran out... all that from just 2,308 people.

You do wonder about society at times.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
You do wonder about society at times.
I tend to think the best melting pot to gauge what society is really like is at airports and when you are stuck with people on airplanes.... And I can safely say we are absolutely screwed, and have been for some time..

PY

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
Sounds typical of Braintree.
I used to visit Braintree when I lived down there.

Not that bad. Compared to other parts anyway. :p

Tom Halsey

International Coach
PY said:
I used to visit Braintree when I lived down there.

Not that bad. Compared to other parts anyway. :p
When compared to Yorkshire or somewhere, I’d consider it the less of 2 evils, but compared to anywhere else I know, its pretty bad.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
I found a soiled nappy in the rugby dressing room at our school grounds last year. I think someone wasa bit worried about the coming game...

Langeveldt

Soutie
KennyD said:
I found a soiled nappy in the rugby dressing room at our school grounds last year. I think someone wasa bit worried about the coming game...
If its anything like our school, its probably just a member of public using it as a baby changing room.... Thats what it feels like here, like a bloody invasion.. All types of riff raff drifting across the sports fields..

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
If its anything like our school, its probably just a member of public using it as a baby changing room.... Thats what it feels like here, like a bloody invasion.. All types of riff raff drifting across the sports fields..
yeah thats what I reckon too, some disgusting mother/father thought it was ok to leave that sorta stuf flying around...riff raff, the lot of them...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chris.hinton said:
Kenny D

that is funny

Neil how come you are a Cleaner now? is it Part time job?
It's voluntary. City depends on the work of volunteers to keep us going due to the horrific lack of money in the club.