• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Theonlinecricketgame

tocg

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I won't be uploading the new version tonight as planned.

I will have this ready tomorrow.

cheers
tocg

tocg

Will this include 50/50?
Yes, it will. The 50/50 games are working but with the current engine it means that the scores are anywhere from 300 - 500 at the moment. I scored a double century last night and the other opener scored 199. We got 505/1.

Not to keen to realease that!

I'm working on it now and I'm thinking probably 3 or 4 more hours and it'll be ready for some testing.

It doesn't include 4 innings matches at this stage though.

cheers
tocg

tocg

www.theonlinecricketgame.com update

Hey guys.

The latest version of The Online Cricket Game has been uploaded tonight.

The new version features 50/50 matches, as well as updates to the fixtures screen.

Please note: I have also changed the way games are saved. In order for you to load any games you have previously saved you will need to load them through the new load button.

After you re-save the game you can load it from the normal load button.

I am finishing off the saving of the fixtures etc tonight, currently when you load a previously saved game all yoru fixtures will be reset.

If anyone finds any bugs etc please let me know asap... especially around the save options.

Happy to answer any questions,
cheers
tocg

Bobisback

International Regular
Just gave this version a crack, can finally save which is a plus, though 3 OD matches in and already got the 3 hundreds goal.

tocg

www.theonlinecricketgame.com

Just gave this version a crack, can finally save which is a plus, though 3 OD matches in and already got the 3 hundreds goal.
Hey Bobisback.

Good to know the save is working. I thinks it should work for most people now..

Will look at some tweaks for the engine, it needs some work so if you play again feel free to post your stats etc which will help me to narrow down which areas i need to work on.

I'll simulate 50 games shortly and see how that turns out.

cheers for the feedback,
tocg

tocg

Would be a great option, can help out with the Melbourne Grade Cricket if you wish.
Hey Vic,

If you're still keen to help out with Melbourne that would be great.

At the moment I'm just after 5 - 6 clubs from each region (any clubs from Victoria would be fine).

Club names only at this stage. I'm going to use Victoria for my testing and will come back to you when I need more clubs / info and see how well you're placed to help out.

Thanks again for your offer,
cheers
tocg

Bobisback

International Regular

There is my opening bat after 50 innings. He seems to bat pretty slow in OD matches, not game to touch the sliding bar though, as I usually get out after adjusting it.

EDIT: Just hit my first T20 century :)

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can give you the names of Wellington club sides, but given you've got Brooklyn in there already, I'm guessing you know the names of the other clubs already.

tocg

I can give you the names of Wellington club sides, but given you've got Brooklyn in there already, I'm guessing you know the names of the other clubs already.
Hey man..

Yeh, I think I've got Wellington covered.

If you can find 5 or 6 club names from each region that would be a huge help.

or... if you want to contact the people on the link below and see if they can supply the club names that might be an easy way to do it.

New Zealand Cricket - Club Cricket Contacts

cheers cheers
tocg

tocg

There is my opening bat after 50 innings. He seems to bat pretty slow in OD matches, not game to touch the sliding bar though, as I usually get out after adjusting it.

EDIT: Just hit my first T20 century :)
Hey bobisback..

The 50/50 engine I tweaked in about 10 minutes.. I'll make that a bit smarter now and repost when done which should be in an hour or so.

Re: the aggression bar, that should increase the players aggression reasonably well (not great, but you shouldn't be getting out as soon as you modify it).. let me know on that one. These things should all be better when the new performance engine is ready and working.. which will be sometime after the new year.

thanks for the feedback, keen to hear about any other issues you come across.

cheers
tocg

Last edited:

tocg

A new version of The Online Cricket Game has been uploaded.

I have sorted out teh fixtures so that they save and load correctly so now you don't lose where you were up to in the season when you restart the game.

all feedback welcome,
cheers
tocg

tocg

Hey folks.

I've now added in more dismissal types. I still need to work through stumped and also sort out the caught behinds.

I've started tweaking the batting performances so see how you find that. I'm still not happy with it but will continue to work on tweaking that today based on any feedback I get.

I've also fixed up some minor issues, such as the Fall Of Wicket alert box so it displays the correct fall of wicket details, among others.

Any issues with the new version please let me know,
cheers
tocg

tocg

Hey folks.

I have modifed the game so now when you start you select your own country, region, and club.

So far I have added the New Zealand teams, New Zealand State Cricket teams (Auckland, Canterbury, Central Districts, Northern Districts, Otago, and Wellington), and added 10 clubs into each region. ... a total of 60 new teams! With about 300 more needed.

I've had to fix up a lot of code to do this, which is a good thing in the long run as it makes the game more flexible, but you will no longer be able to load your old saved games - sorry folks, it's a necessary evil!

I need to add the remaining Regions (i.e. States / Provences) for:
Australia
India
England
West Indies
Pakistan
South Africa
Zimbabwe
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

I then need to add the regions for each of these countries and then some club teams for each region before you can play as that country/region.

This is quite a job.

I'm looking for help on this as it's taking me away from the coding which is probably more important for me to be spending time on at the moment.

If anyone out there has some time available to fill in some templates for me (players names, team names etc) then PM me and ill send you the template.

All help is appreciated... if I can get 4 or 5 people to help then it will save me a lot of hours and I can spend that time working on the career progression now that the game is setup for it.

I won't upload the new version until I have more teams in there as you would only be able to play as New Zealand teams at the moment.

cheers
tocg

tocg

Hey folks.

I've added a link to The Online Cricket Game which will allow you to download the team template. The link can be found under Team Template on the homepage.

This file has code in it so for this to work only the specified areas in the file should be edited.

At the moment I need club teams, and lots of them. As many club teams as I can get for each region.

When each region has enough club teams I will add that region to the game so you will be able to play as your own club :)

This may be a little confusing so please let me know if anyone needs clarification.

Thanks to all those who are helping out :)

cheers
tocg

tocg

www.theonlinecricketgame.com | Team Generator

Hey folks.

The Online Cricket Game now has a team generator.

You can find this under the Team Generator heading on the homepage at The Online Cricket Game.

When you generate a team a file will be saved to your local machine (note: the location of the file will be displayed at the bottom of the generator once you click "Create Team").

If people have some time, can you generate some teams in your area. Once you have finished generating teams the files need to be sent to theonlinecricketgame@gmail.com.

Please make sure the regions and clubs are real regions and clubs. Any that are not real may not make it into the game.

This will make it easy for me to get bulk club teams into the game, and therefore will let me put the next update online sooner.

If there are any issues with this please let me know.

I have tested it and generated 50+ teams in about 10 minutes :)

Any questions / feedback please let me know.

cheers to all the helpers out there! Without you this game would not be possible.

I will put some details together tomorrow and post so that people know which regions / clubs / countries we need clubs generated for.

*** Also - to those that have replied I appologise for the slack response. I needed to get this done as the flood of clubs coming in was overwhelming.

I will spend some time tomorrow replying to all threads & emails.

cheers guys
tocg

tocg

When will FC be ready???
Hey Evilhoopler.

I have had to wait until I got the club teams etc sorted before being able to get implement the career progression to First Class level.

Now that I have the functionality and teams for that I can look to schedule this in. I am undecided on whether I will implement that first or get the 4 innings matches going as I have had multiple requests for both.

Both should be done before the end of the year at this stage.

cheers
tocg

tocg

www.theonlinecricketgame.com | Test Version

Hey guys.

I have uploaded a new test version of the game to The Online Cricket Game. The link to launch the game can be found on the homepage under the Test Version heading.

This version currently has the Australian and English clubs available. The remaining clubs should be up by the end of the weekend.

I have disabled the load and save options on this version as the coding for that still needs to be implemented.

New features:
Country, Region, and Club team selection
Points table

Currently working on:
Finalizing the points table (making sure it all works - please post any issues you see with this as I have not been able to do much testing)
Adding in semi-finals & finals
Adding in First Class career progression

All of these things should be completed within a few days.

I will update the Test Version application link regularly over the next few days as I add in features / fixes.

The previous version is still available through the normal link on the site so you can still load / save any old games that you have been playing.

It would be great if people could try out the test version and let me know what isn't working or what needs some attention.

cheers all,
tocg