• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Theonlinecricketgame

tocg

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
www.theonlinecricketgame.com

New version of the game uploaded today.

Fixes:

* Updates the career overview screen so that your club summary appears.

* Added in sponsorship, you now get paid for the runs you score and the wickets you take. The details of the sponsorship deal are not currently available but will be in the next release.

* Alert advising when the game has been completed now appears at the end of the game. Further alert boxes will be created over the next few days (End of innings, 50s, 100s etc)

* Remodelled the shop

Please feel free to suggest priorities that should be worked on within the game. My general plan (along with working on the new batting and bowling engine) is to get a bit more into the game side of things this week (i.e. the alerts, more batting options, more bowling options (i.e. fast, slow ball, off spin, googly etc) as well as finishing off the gear bag and aging of the gear.

Aging of gear: The idea for aging gear is to make it more like a player. So for instance, a bat might break, or gloves might get a hole in them, when gear ages it will decrease in rating points. Except for bats... which will start out weaker, become better when they're broken in, then start to decrease after a certain number of deliveries faced.

Other gear: I will be introducing shoes, helmets, thigh pads, chest guards etc but still have to work out how these items will affect you when playing. All ideas welcome on this.

Feedback is key. You're all tops.
tocg

tocg

OK... been advised about a couple of bugs with the gear bag so just checking those out now and will update the game again once fixed.

Bug: Gear bag ratings do not always display the correct rating

If you see any other bugs let me know: theonlinecricketgame@gmail.com

That's tops.
tocg

tocg

Found and fixed the bug with the gear bag.

Let me know if there are any further bugs found :)

tocg

I've had a lot of requests to increse the priority of the Save and Load game options.

I worked through some of this last night and have basic save and load functionality working.

I've got a few more updates to get done today but should be able to upload this tonight.

Cheers all o' y'all
tocg

tocg

Save & Load has been uploaded to the site now.

I have noticed a couple of issues (i.e. Not Outs are not saving correctly) so will work through that today.

If you find any other issues please let me know :)

Cheers folks
tocg

tocg

Also found that purchased items aren't saving correctly.. so still a few things to tidy up.

Will repost once I've fixed this up.

Cheers
tocg

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How does purchased gear affect the bowler's ability? I can understand how better gear may improve a batsman, but other than bowling spikes, I can't see that gear should have much of an impact on bowling.

tocg

Hey HeathDavisSpeed..

That is a good question and in all honesty I haven't thought too much on that.

A few things off the top of my head:
1. Shoes (like you said)
2. Skins
3. Your own Ice Bath (ha.. maybe)
4. Gym equipment to strengthen your legs / shoulders / wrists to help you gain more momentum, bowl faster, spin the ball more...

It is likely that I will build it so that different items will help with different aspects of your game (maybe cheap shoes add to your rating, mid range shoes add to your rating and to your economy rate rating, high end shoes add to your wicket taking)..

All just thoughts at the moment. What do you think?

Hei konā rā
tocg

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
When I attempt to save it says unable to save tocg/...

maidens still don't accumulate

Background image gone from stats screen

tocg

Hey Evilhoopler,

Thanks for letting me know.

I'll look at the save option. I managed to bang out a quick save/load option last night and I'm not sure whether that is working for other people or not, you're the first to post about it (anyone else having this issue?).

I should be able to get the saving functionality to be a bit more robust and standard over the next couple of days (plan is to allow you to choose where to save the file and where to load it from). At the moment it's also only possible to save one game at a time which isn't ideal...

Maidens... Hmm, I seem to have left this off my list. I'll sort that over the next couple of days also - cheers!!

I'll re-post once i get the new version up.. both of these issues should be addressed next time round.

Cheers again Evilhoopler - keep the feedback coming :ph34r:
tocg

tocg

Hey Shri,

It's not at this stage. In the 50/50 and tet matches it will be more realistic but that will come with the new batting and bowling engine.

I've got a few things to work on this weekend to tidy up some of the goals and what happens when you achieve them all, so that should improve the game play a fair bit.

Cheers,
tocg

tocg

Hey folks.

A new version has been uploaded to The Online Cricket Game.

Updates include:

Maidens now appear as they should in the bowlers stats.
Fall or wicket alert box modified
End of match alert box modified

Further updates to come tonight.

Cheers all
tocg

tocg

Hello.

A new version of The Online Cricket Game has been uploaded.

The last five overs have now been updated. There were a few issues with the previous version which should have all been fixed up now.

Modified the toss box

Modified the Bat and Bowl selection icons

Modified the toss (computers call)

All feedback is appreciated.

Please also report any bugs, I have a few to fix up which i'll keep doing inbetween working through the new batting and bowling engine.

Cheers all
tocg

T_B

Cricket Spectator
Loving this game but have a minor issue.

Not outs and batting rating don't save which makes it hard to press for selection when starting from 55 each time. Apart from that keep up the great work

T_B

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The updates look very impressive, especially the new graphics like the last five overs and conditions - its certainly progressing nicely. :)

tocg

Loving this game but have a minor issue.

Not outs and batting rating don't save which makes it hard to press for selection when starting from 55 each time. Apart from that keep up the great work

T_B
T_B, welcome along and thanks for the support,

I'm working on the save option now, I hope to have all the basics included over the next few hours. Check back later and let me know if you still have issues.

Will repost when it's ready for testing..

Cheers
tocg