• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Unofficial WCC website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hey guys, im in the process of making an "unofficial site" for the wcc. I want all managers to have the chance to contribute to the site, eg email/pm me news items that you want and ill put em on.
The whole point of it is to cover the stuff the official site doesnt have (which at the moment is everything).
anyway its only in its early stages and only the home page with news items are on it.
the address for it is
http://www.geocities.com/worldclubcricket

Cloete

International Captain
good stuff si. if u want i could help out a bit with the site??? i'll talk when we're on MSN.

nibbs

International Captain
Si, why can't this be incorparated into the main page. This site I reckon is destined to be just a waste of someones time. It will be about at first, but eventually fade away......

Simon

nibblet said:
Si, why can't this be incorparated into the main page. This site I reckon is destined to be just a waste of someones time. It will be about at first, but eventually fade away......
because there is no main page at the moment, for varying reasons the wcc website has been down for nearly a season, god knows when it will be back, but this site is different to the official one, this is more like a news website and the official one has basically everything else.
and we know all the webmasters are very busy and saying they will incorporate this into the proper site is stupid, cause they would update once a week, while i have the time to update mine 2/3 times a day if need be.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Looks great mate...

I'd love to do an interview with you at some stage...PM me to let me know when!

Cheers...

Eyes:cool2:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I agree with Coach_Pearson
there's no point to it. we should just get the big one up and running.

Rich2001

International Captain
broncoman said:
because there is no main page at the moment, for varying reasons the wcc website has been down for nearly a season, god knows when it will be back, but this site is different to the official one, this is more like a news website and the official one has basically everything else.
and we know all the webmasters are very busy and saying they will incorporate this into the proper site is stupid, cause they would update once a week, while i have the time to update mine 2/3 times a day if need be.
Then why not contact Steve, he could give you the revalvent details to the Main site and you could be responsible for the news on it, get it more regular etc rather than the once a week and steve could take charge of the stats side of things iam sure he wouldn't say no to a bit of help....

Cloete

International Captain
Rich2001 said:
Then why not contact Steve, he could give you the revalvent details to the Main site and you could be responsible for the news on it, get it more regular etc rather than the once a week and steve could take charge of the stats side of things iam sure he wouldn't say no to a bit of help....

i wonder if i'd be able to help? :saint: :saint: :saint: :D

Simon

the building of the website is finished, basically now i need to add a lot of content like results and tables. and of course news will be added every day.
If anyone has anything to add, eg reviews of the round, your teams upcoming games etc... please get in contact with me.
The first interview will be done within the next few days, this week is Eyes only, next week will be bugssy.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Looking forward to doing the interview mate....

And I am totally looking forward to reading Buggsy's as well!! :P

Eyes

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
I noticed a couple of spelling mistakes and words where they shouldn't have been...Must be the teacher in me!! :)

Simon

i just copied it straight from the email... so they were your mistakes :P

Simon

the first team of the week has been posted, there shouldnt be too many objections i dont think.

Status
Not open for further replies.