• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Unofficial Bowling Awards

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
When Kirtley bowls his arm comes over straight and then bends backwards like Shoaib's. Now this is a hyperextention, it's not illegal and it's not intentional, it's just that his elbow is so flexible that it bends back when the force of delivering the ball is put on it. Kirtley and Shoiab don't chuck as they can't help their elbows hyperextending. It's in the rules, and they fit the criteria, so there shouldn't be a problem or anyone questioning them for that matter...

Bazza

International 12th Man
Test Bowler - Warne
ODI Bowler - Can't separate Murali, McGrath, Pollock, Donald, Gillespie, Wasim, Cairns, Ntini, Gough and a few Indians, so it goes to Lee!
Young Test Bowler - Harbhajan
Young ODI Bowler - Bond
Best Performance - Shoaib's 6-16 against New Zealand.

Strange choices considering I'd usually put pace before spin. Pollock hard done by due to facing Australia so much and being injured.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
ODI Bowler - Can't separate Murali, McGrath, Pollock, Donald, Gillespie, Wasim, Cairns, Ntini, Gough and a few Indians, so it goes to Lee!
Question......has Lee REALLY done that well to be named as the best ODI bowler in 2002, I mean I'm a big fan of Lee but I don't think he has had a good year.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by R_Powell_fanQuestion......has Lee REALLY done that well to be named as the best ODI bowler in 2002, I mean I'm a big fan of Lee but I don't think he has had a good year.
Brett Lee 2002:

M 19
O 158.4
R 752
W 38
BB 4-32
Ave 19.78
EC 4.73
SR 25.0

He has taken 4x4-fers, and averages 2 wickets per match, one every four overs. Pretty shabby IMO...:D

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Young Test
S Bond
Young ODI
Z Khan
Funny how Bond has been better than Khan in every department in ODIs this year yet you voted for the latter. Are you just trying to please certain members of the forum Neil? :O

Then in tests, Bond has only played 3 games all year, one of which was last week. He's hardly made a big global impact. If you're gonna vote for him, at least get it in the right form of the game.

Of course, one could argue that at 27 Bond isn't particularly young in the first place, but that would just be stirring up trouble!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't have enough proper candidates for Young Bowler of 2002 so I don't have the catergory. Everyone who votes for young bowler of the year gives a vote to that player on the outstanding bowler list. If you vote for 2 different players at the same time because you can't decide, they each get one vote.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And the winners are:

dum-de-dum-dum

Outstanding Test Bowler 2002
SK Warne

Outstanding ODI Bowler 2002
SM Pollock

Best Ears by a Bowler 2002
AB Agarkar

Special Achievement Award 2002
Z Khan for his progress as a bowler over the year.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bazzaroodoo said:
Funny how Bond has been better than Khan in every department in ODIs this year yet you voted for the latter. Are you just trying to please certain members of the forum Neil? :O

Then in tests, Bond has only played 3 games all year, one of which was last week. He's hardly made a big global impact. If you're gonna vote for him, at least get it in the right form of the game.

Of course, one could argue that at 27 Bond isn't particularly young in the first place, but that would just be stirring up trouble!
Would I go out of my way to please someone like that? I think my thought processes were something like, few good young bowlers, Bond bowled well yesterday, vote him.

And Zaheer has been the one shining light in a truly dismal Indian pace attack all year.