• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Scorecard says it's all over, but my team can still win" thread: Jeetsing

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember people talking about him. He was blasting Wellington for selecting random Australians like Merchant, Rhodes, Herrick etc wasn't he? Had a very good point tbh.

Is he any good?
The same Herrick who's been one of Australia's best bowlers in the Shield this season? :p

Flem274*

123/5
Pfft, sif that puny comp means anything.

iirc he got absolutely carted in the first innings over here then got 4fer in between the boundaries in the next.

Sounds like he was an entertaining watch.

fast>spin

Banned
I don't know if the message of this thread is a "trolling" one or not but I firmly believe one must never surrender. Just have a look at some of the great test match wins of modern times, have not all of them come in "lost" matches? Sure they are few in number but what if the great Ian Botham had said "w.e i'll just go out and wildly swing my bat so I can have some beer later?" What if the great Lara had thought the match lost at 100 for five ? Cricket would be so much poorer.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't know if the message of this thread is a "trolling" one or not but I firmly believe one must never surrender. Just have a look at some of the great test match wins of modern times, have not all of them come in "lost" matches? Sure they are few in number but what if the great Ian Botham had said "w.e i'll just go out and wildly swing my bat so I can have some beer later?" What if the great Lara had thought the match lost at 100 for five ? Cricket would be so much poorer.
Depends what you consider "lost"

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, he should have had more opportunities than he's had really, but the guy's a grade A ****.
Sometimes you can't have both. If he's a disruptive influence in a side, it negates a lot of skill you may bring to the table.

Jeetsing..poor guy. Any time NZ were way behind the eight-ball and no one wanted to talk about it, out rolled Jeets to explain how we were going to chase 500 with him coming in at No.10. Legendary

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sometimes you can't have both. If he's a disruptive influence in a side, it negates a lot of skill you may bring to the table.

Jeetsing..poor guy. Any time NZ were way behind the eight-ball and no one wanted to talk about it, out rolled Jeets to explain how we were going to chase 500 with him coming in at No.10. Legendary
:cool: Exactly

Flem274*

123/5
Jeetsing: to somehow be selected for international cricket and be thought of as a good player by commentators and other media despite providing no evidence in your entire career to uphold these circumstances.