• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It's Reds awards time again. After we blew everyone away at the start of Season XI before choking again, the team yet again descend on the CW Bar to drink away our sorrows and honour those who carried us through the season. The voting for the awards went as follows:

5 Day Batsman of the Season and 5 Day Bowler of the Season were two horse races, with the opening bowlers and batsmen dominating. In the end there were two comfortable victories for two of the team's most experienced players. 1,159 runs @ 42.93 saw Håkon Mørk carry the 5D batsman's trophy, whilst 95 wickets saw David Kennett pip his captain to the 5D bowler's award.

As for 5 Day Player of the Season, Kennett again beat off a strong challenge from Watt to claim the spoils.

Onto One Day, and despite Rob Dauth averaging 50 this season, One Day run machine Ian Markus trots away with One Day Batsman of the Season.

One Day Bowler of the Season was tight as a gnats arse, with Dave Watt losing out to Marc Robbins by a solitary vote.

Robbins also walks away with One Day Player of the Season.

Rookie of the Season goes to ZR Ritchie.

My idea to let people nominate someone for the Captain's award in Dave's absence didn't work quite as planned, with only 2 nominations received. I had to give it to the nomination with the best explanation as it was pure brilliance, so the recipient of this award for Season XI is Rob Dauth because hes a mad **** (thanks to Kenny Dobson for that).

Finally, the all-round Cricketer of the year. This award goes to Dave Watt who, despite being AWOL from the forums for much of the season, starred with the ball in both forms of the game, earning a callup to the CW XI Test squad at the end of the series.

Congrats to all the winners, and let's try not to choke next year.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks for the award guys I'm really happy about that. Let's work hard now so we can clean up next year.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha, congratulations to all winners and it's a great, great honour to have pipped one other person for the coaches award. :cool:

David

International 12th Man
Congrats to the winners, especially Dauthy. Must apologise for completely forgetting to send my nomination.

No surprises that Watt came away with Player of the season. Brilliance in both forms.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well done to all the winners, i hope this will be a good boost to our confidence for next seson to roll Blacks over.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm staying so that should all make you look forward to next season even more, I hope we don't get any retirements as it would be good to keep the team together as much as possible.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I'll be here. Looking foward to it tbh. Another season, more experience, more bonding for the team. And hopefully more ventures into international cricket.

David

International 12th Man
Can't see me leaving Reds any time soon. Too much history here for me to leave, and tbh quite pleased with the group of players we have.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
steds said:
I had to give it to the nomination with the best explanation as it was pure brilliance, so the recipient of this award for Season XI is Rob Dauth because hes a mad **** (thanks to Kenny Dobson for that).
Ahaha, I forgot about that.:laugh: