• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Get with the times Sean... You're so last season.

Alex Feeney and Thamba Mamesh are welcome additions to the Red squad for Season X.

cricketboy29

International Regular
We had a strong squad last time as well, DK, and look where we ended up :(. I think we need to shed the whole 'chokers' thing of our backs.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Don't worry, Vimes. I don't think you're chokers. It's just that, well, in the game David was talking about there, your fielding was utter crap. :D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Just thought I'd clear up some of the myths regarding my use of the word 'puff'. Anyone who lives in Australia should've seen the ads trying to promote the word "puff". I felt it was an appropriate time to use the word.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well im bored and every other side has put down potential XIs for this season. So i might put down one and see if we can get some discussion in this thread. Im probably well off the mark, but who cares. :D

FC XI

1. H Moerk (wk)
2. T Mamesh
3. R Dauth
4. I Markus
5. K Dobson (also what does G stand for in your intials i've always wondered?)
6. A Feeney
7. M Robbins
8. N Borcich
9. S Bennett
10. D Watt (c)
11. D Kennett

Test - Outs: M Robbins, H Moerk, D Kennett
ODIs - Outs: M Robbins, I Markus, D Watt
Ins(1): G Nayak, J Stedman, T Loganathan
Ins(2): J Gray, J Stedman, R Edmunds

List A:

1. S Bennett
2. J Stedman
3. T Mamesh
4. R Dauth
5. I Markus
6. K Dobson
7. M Robbins
8. J Gray (wk)
9. N Borcich
10. T Loganathan
11. D Watt (c)
SS: R Edmunds

Test: M Robbins --> G Nayak or A Feeney

ODIs -
Outs: M Robbins, I Markus, D Watt
Ins: G Nayak, A Fenney, R Edmunds, H Morek (SS)

They look pretty strong with a lot of depth in batting, OD bowling looks on paper a bit weak but hopefully me, Ed or Nayak can step.

Thoughts?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well since i got Wireless i don't bother as it keeps going on and off, once i get something new i probably be on more often. But then again i started studying again, so i might not have mush free time to get online often.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
List A:

1. S Bennett
2. J Stedman
3. T Mamesh
4. R Dauth
5. I Markus
6. K Dobson
7. M Robbins
8. J Gray (wk)
9. N Borcich
10. T Loganathan
11. D Watt (c)
SS: R Edmunds
Way to shun me down the order :D

I'd probably swap Ian and Thamba around. Damn, it's good to have him on board.I've heard his FC average is like 50 or something. FC batting looks solid - Moerk, Mamesh, Dauth, Dobson, Markus, Robbins, maybe Stedman in place of Feeney.

C'mon Reds... This is our season. Under the guidance of a certain DJ Watt, we cannot falter...