• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

99*

International Debutant
Think there's a father son.

FTR It's not really a draft as players can refuse to sign for clubs.
Crabtree was in the NFL draft and is refusing to sign (so far). AFAIK a draft is only to get first rights to sign a player, but in CW's case it becomes an automatic 1 season contract.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah but it's not akin to that totally. Say I draft sledger before Green do, and he refuses to sign, I don't hold his draft rights and Green don't have to give me anything for him, I just have to either draft again or try to con him into it, whereas in most RL sports I would hold his draft rights whether he signed or not and Green would have to give me something for him.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Yeah but it's not akin to that totally. Say I draft sledger before Green do, and he refuses to sign, I don't hold his draft rights and Green don't have to give me anything for him, I just have to either draft again or try to con him into it, whereas in most RL sports I would hold his draft rights whether he signed or not and Green would have to give me something for him.
Makes a valid point.

David

International 12th Man
Just so you know, as new captain of Red if you have any queries/suggestions/abuse you can direct it to me at gmail dot com under the name dravaal. Will be sorting out vice captaincy and a leadership group. for those interested let me know here or elsewhere. Looking at you Clapo.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Just so you know, as new captain of Red if you have any queries/suggestions/abuse you can direct it to me at gmail dot com under the name dravaal. Will be sorting out vice captaincy and a leadership group. for those interested let me know here or elsewhere. Looking at you Clapo.
Would like to stay involved in some capacity with the leadership group. Clapo obviously (if he wants to be) will make a good VC.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yup, most certainly keen to be involved :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Great stuff David. Need some Aussie ruthlessness in charge here.

The recent spate of activity from me suggests I'm not reliable as a leadership man :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd rather be a Jesse Ryder figure. I get drunk and get into trouble and state things like "I AM RED CRICKET"

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Team as it stands....can't remember if Athlai and SJS had signed up as batsmen, or AR's? 8|

H Mork (WK - OP Bat)
M Luff (OP Bat)
DA Kearsley (Bat - Mid)
JJD Heads (Bat - AR?)
SJ Singh (Bat - AR?)
KR Clapham (LMF)
DM Kennett (RFM)
MU Amir (RFM)
SV Raghav (RFM)
MP West (RF)
D Watt (RF)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Heya guys, looks like im going to be a RED boy :D :D

Looking forward to hopefully getting a game, although will be a tough gig being behind Mork..