• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Records and Milestones thread

greg

International Debutant
I selected batting average of 30 because I felt that is the point a bowling allrounder really crosses great utility mark. On the converse, an ATG batsman who averages 40 with the ball wouldn't add as much in his secondary discipline as he is an opportunity cost for superior bowlers.

If we choose to select similar quality in both disciplines over a period of time, (bowling avg of under 30 and batting avg of over 40), it will be interesting to see who qualifies. Probably none.
On the assumption that any such player will have 1000 runs and 100 wickets (a reasonable “threshold qualification” anyway) you are correct

Records | Test matches | All-round records | 1000 runs and 100 wickets | ESPNcricinfo.com

Although obviously I assume there are a reasonable number of great allrounders players who may well have met the criteria until relatively late in their career.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Re having a batting average over 40, bowling average under 30 having completed the 1000 runs/100 wickets double:
Keith Miller qualified four times (after 33, 34, 35 and 37 Tests his batting average was just over 40, bowling average about 21).
Ian Botham qualified once (after 25 Tests, his batting average was just over 40; bowling average 18)
Jacques Kallis qualified on and off for about 20 Tests (batting average around 50; bowling average high 20s)

Cairns, Flintoff, Greig, Imran, Jadeja, Mankad, Pollock, Shakib, Sobers and Vettori each also had a spell (or spells) in which they scored 1000+ runs at >40 and took 100+ wickets at <30, but not from the start of their career. Imran & Pollock both managed >50 and <25.

h_hurricane

Virat Kohli enters the top 10 run scorers of all time in international cricket eclipsing Inzamam Ul Haq. Tendulkar, Sangakkara, Ponting, Jayawardene, Kallis, Dravid, Lara, Jayasurya and Chanderpaul ahead of him.

Last edited:

Ulzan69

Banned
Virat Kohli enters the top 10 run scorers of all time in international cricket eclipsing Inzamam Ul Haq. Tendulkar, Sangakkara, Ponting, Jayawardene, Kallis, Dravid, Lara, Jayasurya and Chanderpaul ahead of him.
Yes 20000 International runs in 10 years something.
India played more than others too

Ulzan69

Banned
ffs Trundler. This is England's lowest score since 1948. Laker was bowling against Australia.

when did you turn into such a **** btw?

edit: oh and I have 2 uni degrees
I am old timer.My father in his 90 not out told me In 18th century eng 45 all out vs Aus
Won game by 13 runs.

@Lords too Eng 85 all out vs Ire
Won only test resently

Ulzan69

Banned
Cricinfo says only 43 test Hattrick out of 2453 or test so far

Well I wonder why Aus bowler
@spinner I guess whose Twin Hattrick in same test allows in test cricket?

1912 @ tri series Tournament played between Eng/South Africa and Australia
At Manchester test
Matthews took 1st Hattrick in 1st innings and 2nd in second innings

Tri series Tournament should not merge in as test cricket.

On -going test History might repeat after 107 years if Rahane Dismiss off Roach in indian second innings but In -Side-edge saves Hattrick

Ulzan69

Banned
Yasir not the only spinner with 5 concecutive 5 fer in test according to Steven Lynch of Wisden

I bet Steven say so because yester year great has mix Pace with spin so no way you can say Yasir shah only player

Eng's Broad also took 17 wicket out of 450+ with off spin not many people know.

I think Briggs & Barnes should not mention koz their era they continue play even under rains (just like American Football ) Rotten rules that time After 90 overs they keep playing with old ball no limit in number of over

Ind. Opener Mustaq Ali and Merchant hits 190 * after tea -- same day 588 run scored in single day of test cricket -- Still @ record ind vs eng test test starts on Sat they take day off on Sunday returned on Mon and posted 588 by 2 teams combined total.test was of 3 days

No wonder why Jack Hobbs hits 100 century after age 35 or one of eng Bowler I..................
Took 11 wickets at the age of 49

Last edited:

Ulzan69

Banned
I think his physical fitness is for 22/24 year even he is 29/30 now.tendulkar told in TOI
"I think he will finish with 70+
ODI century but I will remains on top for test century"

I think so.No way VK can hits
49 or 51 test century

Cong VK for 9000 test runs outside india.he was out for 0 today on tricky wicket

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit hard for Kohli to have scored 9000 test runs outside of India when he's only scored about 6700 all together.

Perhaps you should start by getting your error range down to under ±1000.

Ulzan69

Banned
Bit hard for Kohli to have scored 9000 test runs outside of India when he's only scored about 6700 all together.

Perhaps you should start by getting your error range down to under ±1000.
well so newspaper wrong in Mentioning of international runs instead test runs

h_hurricane

well so newspaper wrong in Mentioning of international runs instead test runs
Not sure if any newspaper would be silly enough to qoute that. But even a passive follower of cricket would know for sure that Virat is nowhere close to 9000 test runs without having to look at cricinfo.