• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The race to sign Whatmore!

Who will get Whatmore?

• India

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • neither will

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

adharcric

International Coach
As long as we get Ford, I'll be satisfied. Emburey seems like a pathetic option - Robin and Venky are both superior options tbh.

pasag

RTDAS
So is Dav now a chance to be out of a job? Or do Pakistan definitely want him?
Pakistan want him from some reports and from others they might not want India's rejects. Bangladesh have also said they'll take Whatmore back if he wants so if both fail he may have to go back with his tail between his legs or just take some time off.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pakistan want him from some reports and from others they might not want India's rejects. Bangladesh have also said they'll take Whatmore back if he wants so if both fail he may have to go back with his tail between his legs or just take some time off.
He'd fit in well with those Lankans, I hear...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I reckon Siddons is a pretty good chance, considering that he's done a very similar apprenticeship to Neilsen.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Where did you hear that? I highly doubt it. It was Bangladesh cricket board who was pissed up at Whatmore on his eagerness to become Indian coach during world cup.

Bangladesh have also said they'll take Whatmore back

Last edited:

crickmate

U19 12th Man

crickmate

U19 12th Man
ok, just read it on a BD newspaper, Anam was just being diplomatic. But Bangladesh cricket board does not have any intention to bring back Whatmore, even if he wants to. They have their own list of coaches, most of whom is in Srilanka's list as well.

In fact like most other Bangladeshi fan, I will be very disappointed if BCB gets whatmore back. I agree he is a greate coach and he helped improve Bangladesh cricket a lot. But he lost my respect when he showed explicit desire to become coach of another coutry twice, during the middle of tournaments. Both the time he was rejected by India. As I said before, Indian's coach selectors were most probably annoyed by this kind of unprofessional eagerness, that's why they even didn't bother to call him.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
ok, just read it on a BD newspaper, Anam was just being diplomatic. But Bangladesh cricket board does not have any intention to bring back Whatmore, even if he wants to. They have their own list of coaches, most of whom is in Srilanka's list as well.

In fact like most other Bangladeshi fan, I will be very disappointed if BCB gets whatmore back. I agree he is a greate coach and he helped improve Bangladesh cricket a lot. But he lost my respect when he showed explicit desire to become coach of another coutry twice, during the middle of tournaments. Both the time he was rejected by India. As I said before, Indian's coach selectors were most probably annoyed by this kind of unprofessional eagerness, that's why they even didn't bother to call him.
Meh, those are just honour and ego issues. If he's the best coach you can get, you take him back. You don't make a national side on the brink of big things suffer because he's lost your respect, imo.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Meh, those are just honour and ego issues. If he's the best coach you can get, you take him back. You don't make a national side on the brink of big things suffer because he's lost your respect, imo.
You must remember Bangladesh is in Asia, though, and we let our emotions get in the way of our brains.