• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The post here when Warne does something dickish/creepy thread

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Box office, and I don't think in my time of watching cricket there has been another quite like him.

Test cricket has been a big part of life for years, but often it's in the background.....It'll be on the TV or radio while I'm doing other ****. Sadly it's seldom I can just sit down and watch for prolonged periods. But when Shane Warne was bowling, you just stop and watch.........seriously don't think any other cricketer has had that affect on me.

Can't believe this.......I really can't.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely don't close the thread. Funny **** he did like this is a big part of what made him a great. He could have been a boring **** and left much less of an impression.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You all know you’re all gonna talk to your grandkids about him in that loveable rogue way all the boomers talk about Miller, don’t you?

Cos I sure as **** will be.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Let’s be honest it’s partly because threads like this exist that his departure is front page news. He transcended sport. Without going overly morbid I doubt Glenn McGrath would inspire such a reaction, for example.

Warne was everything a rock and roll star should be, except he was a spin bowler.
Definitely. The George Best of his generation.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Box office, and I don't think in my time of watching cricket there has been another quite like him.

Test cricket has been a big part of life for years, but often it's in the background.....It'll be on the TV or radio while I'm doing other ****. Sadly it's seldom I can just sit down and watch for prolonged periods. But when Shane Warne was bowling, you just stop and watch.........seriously don't think any other cricketer has had that affect on me.

Can't believe this.......I really can't.
Yeah, I remember Warnie coming on to bowl bringing a halt to whatever you were doing at the time - mowing the lawn would take twice as long because you had to factor in breaks to watch him bowl his overs, and if you couldn't stop what you were doing, you did it as fast as possible so you could get to the tv to watch him weave his magic.