• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most entertaining opener....!!

wasims_fan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
who do you think is the most entertaining opener in one-day cricket? I say its shahid afridi because he can destroy the bowling figures of any bowler.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
if we look only at entertainment than i would certainly go with Afridi i think he really entertains the crowd like no one else.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
On the 2nd tier below those guys it would be Astle, Gibbs & Ganguly probably.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Gilchrist peresents the best value for money tho.

Afridi fails way to offten and Shewag does not have the intimidation factor of an adam Gilchrist as of yet.

nehrafan

Banned
An entertaining player doesn't necessarily be the best.Afridi is not a solid batsman but he is what one can say "crowd's favs".Most ppl prefer watching Afridi in onedayer than say Nasser Hussain in action.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yes but the fact is Sehwag has only played 30 - 40 odd matches... meanwhile Gilchrist and Afridi have played more , and they have been almost consistent throughout the period after 8 years if sehwag stays the same , then im convinced hes entertaining ...

otherwise please just bother mentioning Harbajan Singhs entertaining batting.. but then again he isint an opener ;) :rodent: :rodent: :rodent: :karate:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by marc71178
Quite a left handed bias there!
Interesting point... Maybe this is because bowlers are less used to lefties?

And Reuben.. there's also Zoysa if we include bowlers :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I believe he has a better S/R than any other ODI cricketer ever, so SL pushed him to number 3 or 4 this summer and he got a first baller or something similar!