• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Moises Henriques tracker

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't think I've ever seen an Australian Cricketer who has had such an underwhelming first 15 International Tests and ODIs to start a career. Of course he performed very well in his First Test but that aside, he has failed every single time.

In fact since his debut, 15 runs @ 2.50 in Tests and an ODI average of 9 looks awful. I quite like him in our T20I setup but should he play for Australia ever again (in ODI or Tests) he is going to need to perform immediately or his International career will be over IMO.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's already 30 years old wtf

It's like Shaun Marsh all over again
Shaun Marsh actually performed in International cricket though

Henriques has been Bradman in State cricket and Chris Martin in international cricket (except that one 50 he made against SL in a T20, in a side that was effectively Australia A). It's bizarre.

Burgey

TPC seems t have a real belief in him as a LO player too. I don't think that belief is all that well founded

Daemon

i recall benchy saying his 70 or whatever against India was when he had arrived

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've got no beef with Henriques playing tbh, but the Australian selection around allrounders at the moment is a complete shambles. Stoinis was selected in the Test squad ahead of Henriques despite averaging 13 or something for the season because he'd played well in that ODI series against New Zealand, then the next thing we know he's been dropped from the ODI side for Henriques anyway. It just made no sense. We also had the one Test from Cartwright and the weird, extended faith in Mitch Marsh just prior to that (and after that as well, actually). These are all reasonably close to being line-ball calls, but there's no just coherent thought process behind it all.

Daemon

I've got no beef with Henriques playing tbh, but the Australian selection around allrounders at the moment is a complete shambles. Stoinis was selected in the Test squad ahead of Henriques despite averaging 13 or something for the season because he'd played well in that ODI series against New Zealand, then the next thing we know he's been dropped from the ODI side for Henriques anyway. It just made no sense. We also had the one Test from Cartwright and the weird, extended faith in Mitch Marsh just prior to that (and after that as well, actually). These are all reasonably close to being line-ball calls, but there's no just coherent thought process behind it all.
I think they start off with a plan, but then all thought process goes out the window when they see stuff like Lynn hitting big sixes in the BBL and Stoinis with that ATG knock.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think they start off with a plan, but then all thought process goes out the window when they see stuff like Lynn hitting big sixes in the BBL and Stoinis with that ATG knock.
What happened between Stoinis getting picked in the Test squad based off ODI performances and Henriques getting picked in the ODI side based off FC performances (that occurred prior to the Stoinis selection) though? It just seems like a complete contradiction, with nothing happening in between to change their minds about it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What happened between Stoinis getting picked in the Test squad based off ODI performances and Henriques getting picked in the ODI side based off FC performances (that occurred prior to the Stoinis selection) though? It just seems like a complete contradiction, with nothing happening in between to change their minds about it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
ODIs:
1. M Marsh
2. H Cartwright
3. M Stoinis
4. M Henriques

Tests:
1. H Cartwright
2. M Henriques
3. M Marsh
4. M Stoinis

Spikey

I'll post better thoughts when I get over the Okada-Omega match, but the Australian selectors have an absolutely fascinating relationship with this guy. This wasn't as bad as the Sri Lanka test, but there was absolutely no reason for him to be picked at 4. And when it comes to the next T20, where they might be a case for him to be at 5 or something, he'll be down at 8.

TheJediBrah

TPC seems t have a real belief in him as a LO player too. I don't think that belief is all that well founded
Coming from the same guy who has a real belief that Travis Head is a better bowler than Adam Zampa, I wouldn't have much faith in it either

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, no way TPC thinks Head > Zampa. It's back-office 'match-ups' coaching gone mad, where the ball must always be spinning away from the batsman.

91Jmay

International Coach
Is Mitch Marsh injured? He is obviously miles away from a Test player but has a great LO skillset.