• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Michael Clarke appreciation thread

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Ya Dhoni before this years IPL was pretty bad at T20. Seems to have got back his shots though.

pasag

RTDAS
Name me a match Dhoni cost India with the bat by going slow.
There certainly was a phase where he was playing pretty poorly and not hitting out, I imagine because he thought he should be playing with more responsibility as captain, sacrificing the thing that made him so good in the first place (also maybe fatigue). Pretty sure he's over it now.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Melb Jan 08,
Dhoni 9 off 30 cost India the match against Aus.

Lords June 09
Dhoni 11 of 24 cost India the match against WI
Haha, you're a joke.

India were 32/5 when Dhoni came in. And his 9 was the equal second-highest score.

And I don't remember that Ind/WI game very well, but it wouldn't surprise me if top-order wickets fell then also. I do remember Zaheer/Sharma bowling pus though, a much more likely source of costing India the game.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha, you're a joke.

India were 32/5 when Dhoni came in. And his 9 was the equal second-highest score.

And I don't remember that Ind/WI game very well, but it wouldn't surprise me if top-order wickets fell then also. I do remember Zaheer/Sharma bowling pus though, a much more likely source of costing India the game.
but those are facts, Nnanden.. why bother bringing them up? ;) :p

Yeah I've heard all these excuses before, last time it was the umpires.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hahahahahha you are such a **** poster. You've come back even ****ter than prior to your absence.

To claim that Dhoni knock at the MCG cos them the game is a disgrace. India were just awful in that match, and they were in a dire situation when Dhoni walked out.

And nobody said anything about the umpires so stop talking rubbish.

Fact: Dhoni's international T20 record isn't great. No denying that.

Fact: Dhoni is 50 times the T20 batsman than Michael Clarke.

I hope you enjoy Michael Clarke's next innings though Streetwise. :)

Last edited:
Fact: Dhoni is 50 times the T20 batsman than Michael Clarke.
I havent been watching the T20I's, and will miss the rest due to travelling. I'm dreadully sorry old boys for mentiong a little known trivial fact that Clarke and Dhoni have similar records.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono, as poor as Streetwise's posting is, and tbf, it is poor... to say that 'Fact: Dhoni is 50 times the T20 batsman than Michael Clarke' is pretty much on par for poorness.

Clarke, imo, still has a role to play in t20. There's still a place for classical stroke play, so to speak, in t20, not just the slap and hope players.

At the moment, I don't think coming in at number three when the team has got off to a flying start is his best position, but who would you rather have in the Australian line up (from and Australian point of view) to be batting when they're 4/20 on a poor West Indian pitch trying to get the team to 120? I know I'd feel safer with Clarke there than almost anyone else.

He should be playing a floating role and play it by ear I think.

Spark

Global Moderator
Jono, as poor as Streetwise's posting is, and tbf, it is poor... to say that 'Fact: Dhoni is 50 times the T20 batsman than Michael Clarke' is pretty much on par for poorness.

Clarke, imo, still has a role to play in t20. There's still a place for classical stroke play, so to speak, in t20, not just the slap and hope players.

At the moment, I don't think coming in at number three when the team has got off to a flying start is his best position, but who would you rather have in the Australian line up (from and Australian point of view) to be batting when they're 4/20 on a poor West Indian pitch trying to get the team to 120? I know I'd feel safer with Clarke there than almost anyone else.

Definitely.

Bobisback

International Regular

Could this post be the final straw on the camels back? Can only see Clarke being dropped after Murphy's sign of approval.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Michael Hussey would probably be my choice, TBH.