• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Kumar Sangakkara Fan Club !!!

Andre

International Regular
Yeah, I'm standing firm with my comments to. 3 excellent weeks don't make a consistent match winner, and with his talent that is something he should be.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka is one team, I don't like, however Sangakkara is one of my favourite players in World cricket.

He is attacking, very good behind the stumps, and give 100% (most times).

I agree with Craig about his batting position.

Mister Wright

Well, when I was growing up and first started playing cricket, the team had guys like DeSilva who for some reason I just hated, and they had about 4 Ranatunga's playing. Back then they were the most boring team to ever play cricket. I guess the feeling just never went away. Sangakkara, Attapatu & Jayawardne are three of my favourite players though.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sangakkara named MotS with 24, 63, 14, 74* and 72 and a bunch of catches and stumpings. :)

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Mister Wright said:
Well, when I was growing up and first started playing cricket, the team had guys like DeSilva who for some reason I just hated, and they had about 4 Ranatunga's playing. Back then they were the most boring team to ever play cricket. I guess the feeling just never went away. Sangakkara, Attapatu & Jayawardne are three of my favourite players though.
have you seen Sri Lanka playing in the mid '90s. They were the most exciting team around. Sanath Jayasuriya and Kalu were the guys who revolutioned One day batting. Ranatunga led his team to win the WC. SL ar my 2nd fav team.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Mister Wright said:
whyd you hate desilva? he's great!! :@

sangakara's top stuff, both in tests and ODI's. future SL captain in my opinion, he has the attitude and ability to do it

Mister Wright

ReallyCrazy said:
have you seen Sri Lanka playing in the mid '90s. They were the most exciting team around. Sanath Jayasuriya and Kalu were the guys who revolutioned One day batting. Ranatunga led his team to win the WC. SL ar my 2nd fav team.
Did you read my post?

Well, when I was growing up and first started playing cricket, the team had guys like DeSilva who for some reason I just hated, and they had about 4 Ranatunga's playing. Back then they were the most boring team to ever play cricket. I guess the feeling just never went away

Mister Wright

Hit4Six said:
whyd you hate desilva? he's great!! :@

sangakara's top stuff, both in tests and ODI's. future SL captain in my opinion, he has the attitude and ability to do it
Meh, just a personal thing....

Actually, I remember - it was because he used to wear a helmet with only ear guards - I really hated that. I know Border did it, but because he was an adopted Qlder I forgave him, no such luck for De Silva though, I'm afraid.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mister Wright said:
Meh, just a personal thing....

Actually, I remember - it was because he used to wear a helmet with only ear guards - I really hated that. I know Border did it, but because he was an adopted Qlder I forgave him, no such luck for De Silva though, I'm afraid.
So you hate Carl Hooper too?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mister Wright said:
but how can you hate a West Indian?
Im capable of hating anyone and everyone, regardless of nationality :D

However, I don't think I would be capable of hating "Crystal" Gayle....

desireuben

Cricket Spectator
sangakara rocks

Man, i can not believe this little kumara can go in such blast. I m sure he is going to have grt future. i think if he goes at the same pase he will pass Gilchrist after ICC trophy. lets hope to see the best of kumara in England.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Deja moo said:
My pick to keep for the ROW team .
Yep, he's my choice too.

I persoanlly believe he should be captain right now. I've always loved him as a player. Very exciting. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He seems to upset many people, including some members here, for matters other than his cricketing skills.

That apart, he is one of the most wonderfully exciting strokeplayers in the world. I have always marvelled at his range of strokes and the correctness of his attacking technique which is becoming more and more scarce. Wonderful batsman.

As with all wicketkeepers from Ames till today, who have been world class batsmen, his keeping skills have always been questioned. Somehow, it has always been difficult to accept that someone who is so clearly a world class batsman can also be a good keeper. India would love to have a wicket keeper with Sangakkara's keeping skills alone. So may a couple of other countries but when it comes to discussing Sangakkara, I have seen so many people rate him as a less than average keeper. This is clearly not the case even though he is a far better batsman than a keeper.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
yep true...but since recently he has improved alot as keeper...but still there is alot to improve. specially his ability to keep to murali. thats his biggest weakness.

cricket player

International Debutant
Jono said:
Yep, he's my choice too.

I persoanlly believe he should be captain right now. I've always loved him as a player. Very exciting. :)

i just love his batting style. what a class player he is. and also he is very very educated' at one point some one interviewd him i am not sure who but he said if don't get back to form i will probably retire but at the same day he came back and made a wonder full centurie againts pakistan in sharjah' now and then he has been in a great form making hundreths and fifties in any form of the game'

i love kumar sanggakara i love his batting style so much that i even has the same style as he do when i bat hitting the ball throw sqaure and leg love the guy' :p