• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Innocent Passer-by.

§hortŸ

Cricket Spectator
What happens if you play on the street and hit a car? Does the driver go skitz? What about the jogger on the side walk?

I have had a few drivers stop and yell at me but u just pick up the bat and its all good.
Hit a jogger and thats another story, they saw us playing and shoulda gotten out the way, right? Well just dont get caught out by them cause then u've gotta let 'em play. :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
car is out if hit on the full or 1st bounce, if the driver makes an issue of it well yeah the bat comes in handy,

we are nice though - we get out of the road for joggers

Eclipse

International Debutant
The bat thing did not work for me I hit a real cricket ball about 80 meaters when I was bating in the nets a year and a half ago and I dinted a car door and they made me cough up 75 bucks for it.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
dont u no that when u hit a care ure out unless u break a windscreen(very unlikely with tennis ball) then u get 5 runs. if u hit passer by and shes hot ure hot if she is ugly or if he's a guy u ger 2 runs if it old lady or man u apologise and get 10 runs.

thats my rules

nibbs

International Captain
on one saturday at cricket my team was batting. I was bored, so me and some team mates ventured off to find something to do. We started throwing rice crackers at passing cars. I threw one which hit a camper van. To my shock it pulled over. We ran back to our team sitting place. I padded up cause it turned out I was in next. I concealed my head under my helmet. From there, I sat waited nervously. An old lady arrived and quizzed the one mother whom was sitting with us. I sat in a chair trying not to laugh. When I heard the words 'it was a blonde one' I became worried. But this mother held true to the team, and said she didn't know what happened. After eye balling everyone, including me, she left. haha

James

Cricket Web Owner
nibblet said:
on one saturday at cricket my team was batting. I was bored, so me and some team mates ventured off to find something to do. We started throwing rice crackers at passing cars. I threw one which hit a camper van. To my shock it pulled over. We ran back to our team sitting place. I padded up cause it turned out I was in next. I concealed my head under my helmet. From there, I sat waited nervously. An old lady arrived and quizzed the one mother whom was sitting with us. I sat in a chair trying not to laugh. When I heard the words 'it was a blonde one' I became worried. But this mother held true to the team, and said she didn't know what happened. After eye balling everyone, including me, she left. haha
LOL - that's a good one :lol: :lol:

Langeveldt

Soutie
I usually play in a rarely used car park which backs onto a village hall... We usually get interrupted by cars wanting to park at mid wicket.. Usually the drivers look strangely at us as, some ask us if we are using a "hard ball"... We tell them in seven years of playing we have never broken anything from a car... Which is a bit of a lie, last year we found an abandoned truck which we should have nabbed but we used it as target practice....

As for joggers, and horses (and two marathons a year go past)... We just tell them to stop bloody moving behind the bowlers arm...

Waughney

International Debutant
My car hitting total: 6 (well 7 if you include the time I hit the 6 stitcher :scared: through open window of my old coaches car, luckily it bounced around safely in the well padded interior :D )

1 smashed window
4 dents
1 cherry mark :innocent:

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
My mate once hit a car. It was driving down my street pretty fast and smacked the windscreen and bounced over the neighbours fence. Lucky it was a tennis ball. ;-)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
whats "fun" is to put something very valuable as the stumps... adds another dimension to the game :p

Tom Halsey

International Coach
My best is when we were playing by a load of those tunnel things they use to grow plants in. We were playing with a real cricket ball, and I skied a pull. It came down from such a height that it went clean through the tunnel roof - they're pretty expensive things too.

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
ive bashed a car first of i hit the ball it went through 2 glass windows and my bat slipped and went hurling down hit the back wondows

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
me and some mates playing, whacked a car. Car plled over with some big fat ass 40 yr old guy got out and started walking towards us. WE all legged it inside. He knocked on the door and when no one answered (noparents home) he started yelling stuff like `Come out here yyou little assgoblins` and `You`re just no good assgoblins!` He had a real obsession with assgoblins for some reason though. so yeah thats my story

inc_haydn

Cricket Spectator
bcuz we play out the front of our house, passing cars are often a problem. i once hit a ball which was goin for 4 onto the trailer of a ute, it bounced off and went for 6 but it took me a while 2 convince mi m8.... currently my mums car has 4 dents from playing with a tennis ball only