• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ICC Super Series 2005

Loony BoB

International Captain
I hope Vittori is better than Vettori. xD But yeah, there will always be the big question over whether or not Murali will even go to Australia.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
what you mean a beamer ?!

Fast as he is Ponting I doubt will have much trouble with the short ball he never has and thats against bowlers faster than Harmison.
A Beamer is totally different to a Bouncer.
Nothing can ever prepare you for facing a Beamer, it's just instinct to take the fact that the ball is going to pitch. Any bowler who deliberately bowls a Beamer is a disgrace to the game.
Tino Best is one example, the number of Beamers he bowls cannot be simple coincidence.
I've only seen Harmison bowl 3 Beamers in his career, poor as his control sometimes is, and I doubt he'd do it deliberately regardless of the situation.
Ponting pulled Harmison through mid-wicket at The WACA from a 89mph Bouncer last tour and no, of course he's not likely to have much trouble with the short-ball next year.
Nor is Graeme in the winter.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Last time we went to Australia, Lee was good :p

The Harmison now is a much different bowler.
No, he wasn't good - maybe more Englishmen were still under the misleading impression that he was than are now.
There are still plenty, as demonstrated in the thread-starter here, who still are.
Even though it is clear to see, should someone look, that Kasprowicz has now superseded him and is the third-choice seamer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Of course all this is assuming Harmy is selected for the ROTW 11. I'd have him in @ moment, but who knows if he'll be in form come the series?

How many of us would've had him twelve months ago? Wasn't even a nailed-on regular for England back then.
This time last year he was on his last-chance saloon.
But for the 4-33 in the final innings, I doubt he'd have been picked for Bangladesh and had the chance to get into the West Indies tour-party.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
Anyone else really, really, looking forward to this series?
No, not at all.
Just another gimmick that ICC have had to think-up to compensate for the amount of poor international cricket they have caused by admitting Bangladesh to Test and regular-ODI status and by refusing to ban Zimbabwe when they should have been banned.
Without them there wouldn't be anywhere near as much time wasted by bad cricket, there'd be more time for the good stuff and we wouldn't need Rest-Of stuff.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
No, he wasn't good - maybe more Englishmen were still under the misleading impression that he was than are now.

Although poking out, that comment was made very much with it in cheek.