• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Good, The Bad etc......so far

anzac

International Debutant
ok with the Super Sixes places decided, lets see what we all think of this WC so far - my picks as follows.........

THE GOOD
Davidson - Canada
Kenya - qualification into Super Sixes
Zimbabwe - as above
Canada - mainly as a result of Davidson

THE BAD
Shane Warne

DISAPPOINTMENTS
Pakistan
West Indies
England
South Africa

HARD LUCK STORY
WI & England - loosing points to weather & ultimately a chance at qualification

BIGGEST BRAIN IMPLOSION
SA dressing room V SL

BEST PERFORMANCE BY INDIVIDUAL
Bichel V England

BEST TEAM PERFORMANCES
NZ V SA
the wins by the minnows

WORST TEAM PERFORMANCE
Bangladesh

BEST RECOVERY
India - no form coming in but sitting pretty with some good wins under their belt

BEST MATCHES
India V Pakistan
Aus V England

so what do the rest of you think????????

8D

V Reddy

International Debutant
Gotchya said:
Dont South Africa head the Hard luck group ?
I think the Windies deserve that. They would have also won against SRL if he didn't got hit.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Gotchya said:
Dont South Africa head the Hard luck group ?
Not one bit - they lost the games that mattered and then made a horrendous mistake on their last chance, which they only got because of rain and other people's mistakes.

If you ask me, I'd take England out of hard luck as well - we blew it!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack> Me and fatty have put our heads together and selected our 'team of the tournament so far'

Our team in full :

1. Wavell Hinds
2. Riann Walters
3. Habibul Bashar
4. Inzamam ul-Haq
5. Nicholas de Groot
6. Mark Boucher
7. Ronnie Irani
8. Gerrie Snyman
9. Barry Seebaran
10. Brett Lee
11. Shoaib Akhtar

12th man Rudy van Vuuren

If you want to know how we came up with this side, see 'Devil Ducky's World Cup Essentials'

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Surely Afridi should get a spot...
I'd love to imclude him, but in order to qualify, he had to either get lilypads or breadcrumbs.

The nearest he got to that was finishing off Waqar's 'beamer' over. Close, but no cigar.

Perhaps when he's had a few games in Derbyshire's 2nd XI.