• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The first player younger than you to play for your Country

weeman27bob

International Regular
England XI of capped players who are younger than me

1. Dom Sibley
2. Haseeb Hameed
3. Zak Crawley
4. Ben Duckett
5. Ollie Pope
6. Ben Foakes (wk)
7. Sam Curran
8. Dom Bess
9. Tom Curran
10. Jofra Archer
11. Olly Stone

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
England XI of capped players who are younger than me

1. Dom Sibley
2. Haseeb Hameed
3. Zak Crawley
4. Ben Duckett
5. Ollie Pope
6. Ben Foakes (wk)
7. Sam Curran
8. Dom Bess
9. Tom Curran
10. Jofra Archer
11. Olly Stone
Might beat an Ireland team without Campher and Balbirnie.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
This was a difficult exercise for me. So many players I thought would fit the bill were just a few months older than me. So at the risk of really showing me age, I think Salman Butt is the correct answer.

E: Should mention I'm only going by Test caps.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Nathan Bracken was mine.

Waiting for JBMac to come in and name Benaud or Simpson or Harvey.

aussie tragic

International Captain
That would be Shane Warne for me when he debuted as a tubby bleach blonde 22 year old in Sydney vs India. He took 0/150 and followed up with 0/78 in his next Test...who knew how great a selection that would become :)

Flem274*

123/5
adam milne for me, but he was so young (17) it didn't feel like i was past it anymore.

tom latham the first real one.

cricket is kinder to fans age insecurities than rugby. pretty sure i could name a solid super rugby level side of players younger than me just from school or hometown alone.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
England based but would consider myself more a fan of West Indies then England. For England - Sam Curran younger then me by not that much. For West Indies Sherfane Rutherford in Limited Overs, Joshua da Silva would also fit that criteria if/when he plays for West Indies