• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Final

Jumno

U19 Captain
Yeah pegged it back to 6 points when Kuridrani went over under then sticks, then Carter did Carter and Beauden killed it off.

Never thought I'd be wishing we had Bernard Foley back at #10!
I think Australia was 21-0 down and they nearly krept back but carter and co killed it off

Heboric

International Debutant
Boks by 7, there is a good chance it will be raining. Boks must avoid the fast start of the ABs

My new pet hate in sport is basing predictions based on previous results and guaranteeing the same performance level in the next game, especially against decently matched teams.

For example
2019 final, after the semi, the Dodgers just needed to pitch for the final...
This semi between England and Boks

This cricket world cup had a few games:
Afghanistan vs England
Afghanistan vs Pakistan
Australia vs South Africa
England vs South Africa
Dutch vs South Africa

Last edited:

Heboric

International Debutant
Holy **** they went and did it, another 7 - 1 split. Matt Williams on suicide watch

15 Damian Willemse, 14 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Cheslin Kolbe, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16 Deon Fourie, 17 Ox Nche, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19 Jean Kleyn, 20 RG Snyman, 21 Kwagga Smith, 22 Jasper Wiese, 23 Willie le Roux

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I was expecting a 6/2 split... does not surprise based on the low energy in the semi-final. If we win in the forwards, and it is gonna be a wet weekend.

I actually feel a bit for Esterhuizen this world cup, think he is a fantastic inside centre and is in great form. I really felt he deserved to be first team, but obviously difficult to drop de Allende.

I hope Libbok takes it as a learning experience and not get demoralized, it is pretty tough to be 'dropped' for Pollard at the final hurdles.

Dendarii

International Debutant
I actually feel a bit for Esterhuizen this world cup, think he is a fantastic inside centre and is in great form. I really felt he deserved to be first team, but obviously difficult to drop de Allende.
One thing South Africa has done is create a lot of depth, but the downside is that there are some really good players who just can't make the team. I think when it comes to centres Esterhuizen and Moodie offer more in attack, but De Allende and Kriel offer more in defence and they've opted for the latter.

I hope Libbok takes it as a learning experience and not get demoralized, it is pretty tough to be 'dropped' for Pollard at the final hurdles.
The culture around the South African team does seem to be that it's not all about the match day squad. If you're not in it then it's your job to make get the guys who are ready for the match. So I'm sure Libbok has some disappointment about missing out, but the coaching staff will have been open about why they picked Pollard, and Libbok has certainly played his role in getting the team to the final.

Heboric

International Debutant
Just remember its the end of the road for a lot of players. A large portion wont make it to the next World Cup

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Just realised that Koch is injured and that Nyakane. Not a bad replacement, but that is tough for Koch, considering the good job he has been doing.