• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The English Summer of 2019

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the Bible, it rained for 40 days. They called it a disaster.

In England, it's called summer.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All rain affected matches should be played after the group stage.

Just hold the next Cup in someplace like UAE.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Sam Morshead
‏ @SamMorshead_
1h1 hour ago

Bristol rainfall - June 2018: 3.7mm
Bristol rainfall - since Friday morning: 28.8mm

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Think this is another advantage of this WC format that there are probably enough games so that if some are rained off it might not matter too much in the end. I'm sort of expecting the top 4 teams, whoever they end up being, to start to tail off from the rest towards the final group stage matches. But yeah, it's really frustrating and has the potential to be significant in who goes through.

I think this week is just the exception to what's gonna be an otherwise fairly dry tournament anyway. In a tournament that lasts almost two months rain would be almost guaranteed at some point in most countries. You can't do much about it

mr_mister

Well at least it might kinda work out in the sense that every single team might cop a washout. So theyl nearly all have an odd number of points and round 3/4 of matches will just be draws across the board.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sad that the ECB saw the need to do some cloud tampering. Their bowling isn't that bad

mr_mister

Imagine if today it was SL vs England or something. And England were essentially robbed of a guaranteed 2 points. Thatd shake up the ladder a bit. As it stands I don't see the top 4 changing