• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The England Thread

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
They haven't given me any grounds for optimism as-yet. First decent side we face = out.

Hope I'm completely wrong of course and I'll be cheering the lads on like.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
They haven't given me any grounds for optimism as-yet. First decent side we face = out.

Hope I'm completely wrong of course and I'll be cheering the lads on like.
That's the great thing about my optimism - it has absolutely no grounds whatsoever. Just like my blind faith in Rooney's recovery, and that turned out alright. :D

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
That's the great thing about my optimism - it has absolutely no grounds whatsoever. Just like my blind faith in Rooney's recovery, and that turned out alright. :D
:)

I suppose with Rooney and Gerrard in the side we always have a chance. I'm just a miserable, pessimistic old ****.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Next you'll be saying Portsmouth will win something this coming season :)
:laugh: Nah, my blind faith only extends to international sport involving England - I have absolutely no faith in my club side! Don't even know who half our squad is these days, Redknapp's player turnover is so high.....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah see I carry blind optimism into every form of life

Back when I was single, I believed every girl who spoke to me wanted to get it on. Sadly only about 95% of them actually did.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Ah see I carry blind optimism into every form of life

Back when I was single, I believed every girl who spoke to me wanted to get it on. Sadly only about 95% of them actually did.
:laugh: Surprised you had the energy left to have a baby...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
After seeing Spain bow out and Brazil fail to impress yesterday I've suddenly had a surge of belief in our lads. Brazil v France is a tough one to call, but I wouldn't be as worried about facing either of those two in the semis as I would about facing Spain - and if we're ever going to beat Portugal, now's the time, with them missing Deco and Costinha.

Anyone else starting to get that feeling that we might, possibly, somehow, actually end up winning this thing? :)
i am the the next three games from England could be the best we have ever seen, i just get that feeling.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Looking ahead saturday's game, we all know there has been a lot of talk in the media about formations with Sven saying today (yesterday british time) he has already decided on it, but for me hopefully the same side that played vs Ecuador should play except the formation should be 4-4-2 Neville back in his position Hargreaves or Carrick in the holding role i wouldn't mind seeing either but i expect it to be Hargreaves for obvious reason while playing Gerrard up as the second striker along with Rooney.