• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chooka_nick said:
Thanks Loony Bob, good job yourself.
Wow, I played alright :P Good job Colts, now let's hit the pub!
You owe everyone 6 beers for every dropped catch in your innings... :p :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Now, as Kyle alluded to earlier, I'm your go-to man if you want feedback on selection issues. If you need to contact me, my email is jp_mcnamara@hotmail.com . Any spamming traced back to a member of the Colts can kiss their career goodbye :p

Keep in mind that with so many debutants, there will be a lot of trial and error regarding the make up of the team, especially considering the amount of all-rounders that we have. A number of selections may have to be made on team balance rather than form, and as such we need your co-operation and patience. Thanks.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Vic's Summations

Starting from when I get back from holiday (30th September) I'll be sending out a fortnightly email to the members of the team, giving them feedback on their performances, where they sit in the pecking order in terms of positions, possible changes in the make up of the side, etc. Some of the time your performances may incur criticism - constructive, of course! - so if you don't wish for others to receive what I (and the views of the selection committe) have to say then I'm happy to email them out on an individual basis. Otherwise, I'll just group mail them and you can see what I have to say about others. Please email me at jp_mcnamara@hotmail.com to let me know of your preferences, and so that I can accumulate everyone's emails.

I need to congratulate you all on the squad's activeness in this thread thus far, we're one excitable outfit :D Let's keep this momentum heading into the First Round. Good work all!

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Two wins from two matches, great effot guys. I guess the most pleasing thing is the all round performances, with pretty much everyone contributing. Very happy with my 91 :D in the first game and not too dispointed with my 24 in the second game, as me and Dizzy got us off to a flyer. Would of liked a bigger score, but you can't have everything. Good luck to all boys in the XI for the 2nd 5Day game.

cometer

State Regular
Yet another good strong performance from us. Everyone contributed in some form whether it be bat or the ball. Considering the PDV Dome isn't a spinners delight I was satisfied with 0/39 off 10, congratulations to the batsmen you've done a sensational job so far, may you keep scoring.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Another excellent result for us. Certainly looks like we won't be pushovers. On a personal note, I'm over the moon with my performance in the OD game. Just hope I can keep it up!

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Great stuff fellas !!! Didn't get a bat though or get any dismissals.

I believe I am playing as a batsman only in the next match. Hopefully I will be able to concentrate on my batting without the responsibility of having the gloves

Loony BoB

International Captain
Glad to see some healthy competition for the gloves, that's always good. :)

Great to see another win under our belt, leaving us as the only unbeaten team in the warmups so far, I believe. ;) Very much interested in the next five or six games, as after them we'll probably be able to start perfecting our two sides to maximise on the immense potential that's been put on display.

Mister Wright

Well done to everyone on another fine performance in the first one day warm up game. Especially Das & Thomas for their outstanding individual effots, but again it is the team performance which I am most pleased with.

The side for the second one day friendly has been announced.

Good luck to everyone selected today and tomorrow, especially Daniel who will be captaining on both occasions.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Hmm, I'm VC even though I really did fail last game, except with the ball in the second innings. But good work anyway fellas, keep it up!

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought I was meant to be batting at 6 but I got put at 8. Why was that?

No hard feelings though, just happy to get a game

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
A bit of a reality check for us - still, good fighting performance. Personally disappointed - made a couple of starts but didn't go on with it.

Mister Wright

burkey_1988 said:
I thought I was meant to be batting at 6 but I got put at 8. Why was that?

No hard feelings though, just happy to get a game
Need to take that up with the simulator Burkey, however I was pleased with your 47. You should be focusing on that.