• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
For now, an update on our off-seasons...

FC/5D
Fitzy is leading the FC runscoring in a big way - he's hit 169, 140 and 53 so far in his six innings and totals 406 runs @ 67.67. Cole has done well, too, with 117 and 83*, a total of 254 runs @ 63.50 with two unbeaten innings in his six. Rai follows with 180 @ 36 thanks largely to a 100* in his first match, then it looks to go all downhilll with Towns with 173 @ 28.83 (HS 47), Yngve managing 157 @ 31.40 - recently given a boost with his 85*.

Goff, a rookie rumoured to be a self-suggested Colts target, has 127 runs @ 25.4... but he's managed a much more impressive role with the ball, taking 20 wickets @ 23.95.
He's ahead of all the established Colts bowlers, although not in average - Dunn tops that field with his 13 wickets coming at a cheap 23 runs a piece, including a first-innings 5-59 on debut for San Fernando.
Both Bochat (14 @ 25.93) has managed 2-3 wickets in every innings he's bowled in, while Thomas (15 @ 28.2) took 5-65 and 4-73 recently for Victoria. Wilson (10 @ 35.1) manages best economy (2.88) of the seam bowlers while playing in Sri Lanka. Weber out-does the lot of them, mind you - a low 2.79 runs per over, however his 5 wickets have come at over 65 runs each despite taking 3-68 in his first innings of the season (managed 53 with the bat in a game, too). Wright has 8 wickets @ 31.13 while plying his trade for Tamil Union.

List-A/OD
Cole is the batting king this time around, 147 runs @ 73.50 in his three innings (0, 96* - from 88 balls - and 51) putting him almost 50 ahead of Towns (99 @ 49.5). Also doing well with their averages are Yngve (93 @ 48.5) and Towns' Colts colleague at Sinhalese, Wilson (two innings, 77 runs, 75 balls faced, one not out). Butler, Rai and Fitzy have yet to really get into their stride with their sub-30 averages, although Rai's recent 54 will hopefully move him into some good form.

Goff has 5 @ 32.2 for the bowlers, second to Thomas in the wicket-taking stakes. Geg leads the wicket taking (6), strike rate (28) and averages (23.67) for the Colts playing the shorter game. The only other Colt to take wickets at less than 30 is Wright, with 4 @ 27.25. Bochat has managed 4 @ 31, Weber 2 @ 75.5 and Wilson has a sole wicket for 61 runs off his 13 overs. The most economical were Bochat (4.59), Wilson (4.69) and Wright with 4.74. Dunn has not featured in the short form for San Fernando.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hmm, who are the players we still have going for us at the moment? Looking to make up another off-season stats file.

EDIT: Figured out we definitely have at least the following active in off-season...

BC Fitzsimmons
YA Fjermestad
MW Wilson
DP Towns
CR Butler
TV Weber
DH Cole
DK Rai
GM Thomas
KS Wright
T Bochat
RG Dunn

Not sure what's going on with the following...
WA Kerr
NB Spinks
AS Das
NR Hancock
A Pimpkins
MA Hutchinson
WR Quinn

If I'm missing anyone entirely, let me know!

EDIT: I may just keep my eyes on this Goff Junior chap, too...
Kerr and Hancock should be easy to get active, as well as Spinks and Pimpkins who will most likely get involved once the season starts. Just need to pop over to cricsim to grab them *shudder*.

Hutchinson and Quinn are floating around the forum as well.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not a One Day regular for us so its been good to play there for NSW, made some decent contributions batting with Jaques and Warner.
Been gunning it in FC, as you said 2 100's and a fifty in the first 3 games, hopefully I can crack 1000 runs there this season. More runs the better cause they all go towards my FC career stats.

pup11

International Coach
Guys would like to know what's my (ST Mittal) current status, am I still a fringe player for the Colts or has my contract ran out...?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Guys would like to know what's my (ST Mittal) current status, am I still a fringe player for the Colts or has my contract ran out...?
Since you were a rookie last season you're now considered a free agent, and can be signed by any team if you wish to.