• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The closest batsman you have ever seen to Don Bradman

slowfinger

International Debutant
i think for me unironically it would be Steve Smith. numbers wise and I just brutally remember that run he had last time he came in the Ashes before he got hit, he simply would not get out and nobody knew how to bowl to him.

i don’t know if it was Root’s uninspiring captaincy but the plan literally was to try and trap him LBW from working the ball on the leg side, lr have him on a mis timed hook shot. it was insane

HookShot

U19 Vice-Captain
I find this incredibly hard to believe….

Shillinglaw, who is a coach now, has conducted an extensive biomechanical study of Bradman's technique and claims that actually it is Pakistan's Inzaman-ul Haq, who comes close to Bradman's batting style.
Asked if not Tendulkar then who is closest to batting style of Bradman, Shillinglaw came up with a surprise choice.

"Funnily enough, the nearest I've seen of all people is Inzamam-ul-Haq, even though he was a big bull of a man. His batting movements were the nearest I've seen to Bradman, and amazingly his timing and his foot movement for a big man - they were very quick," says Shillinglaw, who penned the book Bradman Revisited.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I find this incredibly hard to believe….

Inzy's size often got in the way but he definitely seemed like he had more time to play the ball against fast bowlers than most other batsmen I have seen.