• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Travis_Teh said:
I'll bowl to you, anytime.

Lift the chins, we've just played inconsistently. We have a strong outfit, just need to gel better.
echoed!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW Blue XI to play CW Red

S.J. Fitzsimmons
L.A. Camps
A. Cloete
RGEWS Cribb
M.W. De Silva
S.E. Fuller
P.E. Young
S.C. Popat
T.C. Halsey
A.A.A. Collins
T.J. Demeza

12th Man: NL Patrick

Really don't see any reason to change a winning team. Four pace options, two spin options and good batting down to no.8.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
Obviously not enough in the thoughts. :p

Need some serious uplifting of form here Blues, we're in danger of becoming the whipping boys as much as it pains me to say it. Maybe I just have high expectations after last year.

I'm off to hit the nets. Feel free to join me. :)
They're missing your inspirational captaincy.

Simon

another good win team, lets make the most of this good form and keep winning, its gonna be tough but im sure we can still claw our way back into contention...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Good game, good game.

I was amped to play the cheesy guys at red, with all of their slogans around it's hard not to be fired up to play them.

It appears to have been a successful amping up for me, with a nice haul of red wickets. Thanks guys for holding the catches (even though another 6 were dropped off my bowling, and several off Fuller and Collins too!)

Well batted Simon.

Simon

i wonder if Red are sick of me yet, this season in 3 matches against them i have 411 runs @ 82.2 with 2 hundreds and 1 fifty lol...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
broncoman said:
i wonder if Red are sick of me yet, this season in 3 matches against them i have 411 runs @ 82.2 with 2 hundreds and 1 fifty lol...
holy moly!

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Amazing batting Simon. Well done.

Well bowled Adam and Tom in the both innings.

Another brilliant game guys, at this rate (shall it continue) we should be in some sort of finals contention no worries ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Potential XI to play Green

LA Camps *
BL Wilshere
A Cloete
MW de Silva
A Crampton +
SG Fitzsimmons vc
SE Fuller
SC Popat
TC Halsey
R Harris
TJ Demeza

12th Man: DP Tucker

Harris in for his OD debut as we're on the turner at the CWBCC Stadium. Wilshere gets a shot at opening and de Silva is back in the middle order. Demeza, Harris, Halsey, Camps to bowl the bulk, with Fuller and Popat playing more minor roles hopefully.

Thoughts?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
LA Camps *
BL Wilshere
A Cloete
MW de Silva
A Crampton +
SG Fitzsimmons vc
SE Fuller
SC Popat
TC Halsey
R Harris
TJ Demeza

12th Man: DP Tucker

Harris in for his OD debut as we're on the turner at the CWBCC Stadium. Wilshere gets a shot at opening and de Silva is back in the middle order. Demeza, Harris, Halsey, Camps to bowl the bulk, with Fuller and Popat playing more minor roles hopefully.

Thoughts?
Strong batting lineup. Hopefully the ball turns.

RigorMortis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nicely done Simon on the big double-ton, let's hope this leads us back into contention for the rest of the season :D

RigorMortis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hmmm not a great way to start a OD career...wicket off a no-ball (of all things!), went for a few and made 1 with the bat.

At least my OD batting average is higher than my FC average... :(

Last edited:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
RigorMortis said:
Hmmm not a great way to start a OD career...wicket off a no-ball (of all things!), went for a few and made 1 with the bat.

At least my OD batting average is higher than my FC average... :(
Probably higher than mine too ;)

I couldn't believe someone batted lower than Demeza
mwhahaha!