• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Wrestlemania?

Favourite Wrestlemania?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thought I'd dig this given that we are a week away from the big dance.

Main motivation is that this year's has the potential to the best since X-Seven, as of yet there's not a match I'm not looking forwards to. Reckon we have a few contributors to the wrestling thread that haven't appeared in here as well so interested in hearing their views.

And what about those who voted last year, still by the same opinion? Would be shocked if anyone thought that last year's was the best ever but you never know.

TBF, although the card this year is properly stacked, I doubt it actually will better X-Seven. 19 has a better card and match quality than X-Seven but X-Seven is the ultimate blowoff, the end of the aittude era and basically the official end to the Monday Night Wars. Hard to see it ever being topped for the sheer feel of it IMO, and also I re-watched it a few months ago and the main event still stands up today.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wrestlemania 12 for the hilarity of Ultimate Warrior squashing Triple H
Hahaha I didn't realise this was an old thread, and came in here to post the exact same thing I posted last year..

YES! **** you Triple H.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He referenced that match in a promo the other week. Didn't mention Warrior but mentioned getting annhilated at his first Mania.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I saw you guys write about it in the wrestling thread.

Good for him to take it in his stride.

But even the staunchest Triple H lover has to admit looking back at it, its quite ironic and funny :p

Warrior... what a man. No matter how much of a right wing nut he's become... I still remember how much I marked out for him at Mania 6.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Warrior getting straight up out of the pedigree...crazy times

Legally called Warrior these days, total nutjob.

Quality at WM 6, and also at 5 and 7 tbf. His matches with Hogan, Rick Rude (Mania 5, Summerslam 89&90) and Savage (WM 7 & Summerslam 92) were top notch. Pretty poor worker the rest of the time I suppose but I loved him as a kid

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah he just had an awesome gimmick (along with Hogan obviously) that a kid would just love. The music, the name, the face paint, the streamers on his arms... and of course he was roided up like hell.

His feud with Rick Rude was so awesome. Rude was amazing in that feud.

:lol: @ The IC belt painted on his tights

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Has to be X-7 for mine, though I am torn between it and XX, which are the two best events I have seen that I can think of. XX was probably only one or two matches away from topping X-7 though for mine. Had XX not had two really pointless tag team matches on the card and used Booker T, RVD and given them an actual program, and had the Christian/Jericho match been given a little more time and put higher up the card, and if Brock/Goldberg had not been utterly **** and either of them actually bothered to sell anything, then it would have topped X-7 imo, just. Everything else on the card was as perfect as you could have hoped for.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Brock vs. Goldberg :laugh:

To be honest, the crowd in that match made WMXX that much better.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, agree completely. The match has so match rewatch value purely because of the crowd. Though I believe on some versions of the DVD the crowd are edited out 8-)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Thought I'd dig this given that we are a week away from the big dance.

Main motivation is that this year's has the potential to the best since X-Seven, as of yet there's not a match I'm not looking forwards to. Reckon we have a few contributors to the wrestling thread that haven't appeared in here as well so interested in hearing their views.

And what about those who voted last year, still by the same opinion? Would be shocked if anyone thought that last year's was the best ever but you never know.

TBF, although the card this year is properly stacked, I doubt it actually will better X-Seven. 19 has a better card and match quality than X-Seven but X-Seven is the ultimate blowoff, the end of the aittude era and basically the official end to the Monday Night Wars. Hard to see it ever being topped for the sheer feel of it IMO, and also I re-watched it a few months ago and the main event still stands up today.
Yeah well said. X-7 will always be my favourite WM by so long. Everything in the card was fantastic and it was one of those PPVs that had every single match as entertaining. Of course, the highlight for me was Stone Cold v Rock. I still remember trying to defend austin at school the next day!

As for WM this year, I could buy it and watch but I simply have no interest in Cena v Batista and HHH v Orton. I've tried to get back into wrestling but I feel suffocated with those four guys always consuming TV time.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
HHH V Orton was last year mate - they are both wrestling in the midcard. Your other main events are Edge V Jericho and Taker V Shawn

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: My bad. I just always have this feeling that its going to be HHH v Orton again. Who the hell is that pasty Sheamus guy.

To be fair, I'm pretty critical of all the main eventers right now so who knows, maybe it will be a really good WM. All I know is that GIMH will mark out irrespective :)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
HHH V Orton was last year mate - they are both wrestling in the midcard. Your other main events are Edge V Jericho and Taker V Shawn
Yeah I just realised. TBH, I'm actually not a massive fan of edge. I enjoyed him a while ago but not anymore, though Jericho is still awesome. Taker v HBK should be a good match. What i do wonder is when the writers decided to let Taker go on his WM streak. Was it after like 5 wins that they realised he was on a good streak or was it planned.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh: My bad. I just always have this feeling that its going to be HHH v Orton again. Who the hell is that pasty Sheamus guy.

To be fair, I'm pretty critical of all the main eventers right now so who knows, maybe it will be a really good WM. All I know is that GIMH will mark out irrespective :)
Haha I probably will, I certainly have high hopes for it. TBH whenever I watch a live PPV I get into it hugely. Usually watch it again the next day and make a more rational judgement of it. But marking out is what mania is all about :)

Yeah I just realised. TBH, I'm actually not a massive fan of edge. I enjoyed him a while ago but not anymore, though Jericho is still awesome. Taker v HBK should be a good match. What i do wonder is when the writers decided to let Taker go on his WM streak. Was it after like 5 wins that they realised he was on a good streak or was it planned.
Ah, I can answer this one. It was first mentioned a couple of weeks before WM X-7 - I don't think they ever really realised before then, so it was 'accidental' booking so to speak. And apparently the initial plan was for Triple H to end the streak - it hadn't been made a big deal of but would have been a big win fior Triple H nonetheless. After making a fuss of it that year they then started booking it as the streak. Does that make sense?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Haha I probably will, I certainly have high hopes for it. TBH whenever I watch a live PPV I get into it hugely. Usually watch it again the next day and make a more rational judgement of it. But marking out is what mania is all about :)

Ah, I can answer this one. It was first mentioned a couple of weeks before WM X-7 - I don't think they ever really realised before then, so it was 'accidental' booking so to speak. And apparently the initial plan was for Triple H to end the streak - it hadn't been made a big deal of but would have been a big win fior Triple H nonetheless. After making a fuss of it that year they then started booking it as the streak. Does that make sense?
Oh yeah true. Can't beat live PPVs. My friends and I used to get 3 or 4 a year live when we were into it. It was so annoying that PPVs were on a monday here.

Question. How long have u been watching wraslin?

Ahh ok. So it was at first a coincidence and then they realised he was on a streak and advertised it as such.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I started watching wrestling in 1991 but I've had my periods out of the game - not because I got alienated to it thoguh, but more just to do with life. When I settled down with my ex and had kids and that, wrestling just fell by the wayside, so the sort of 06-08 period is not one I'm too hot on and the couple of years before that I only watched intermittently. 87-94 and 97-02 have been the periods I've watched most (watched all the old tapes as a kid), though because of an incentive scheme in work I can get heaps of free DVDs basically, so I'm ordering up the old 'tagged classics' PPVs, collection is becoming quite monstrous and it's great watching events I haven't seen for years - I mentioned that I watched Mania 19 last week because I picked that up, I hadn't really watched it since it happened and there were parts I didn't mention at all.

Went off on one a bit there, soz :p

PPVs are silly o'clock for us here so it always means taking a day's holiday, can't say I mind for Mania though, sooooo hyped

When did you start watching?