• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best WC Final Knock

The Best Knock

• LLoyd 102 - 1975

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Viv Richard 138 - 1979

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • DeSilva 107* - 1996

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Ponting 143 - 2003

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Gilly 149 - 2007

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Dhoni 91* - 2011

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Stokes 84* - 2019

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lloyd is such an immense figure in WI and world cricket. One of the most transformative skippers ever.

I know Imran gets a lot of wraps as a leader of men (and so he should) but Lloyd’s impact is probably even greater. The way he put that side together after they got pole axed out here in 75/76 is something else.

subshakerz

International Coach
Lloyd is such an immense figure in WI and world cricket. One of the most transformative skippers ever.

I know Imran gets a lot of wraps as a leader of men (and so he should) but Lloyd’s impact is probably even greater. The way he put that side together after they got pole axed out here in 75/76 is something else.
Underrated bat too.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain

They won pretty much everywhere too: great at home, first win in Aus, won in Ind, Pak, smashed Eng

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
Some more threads that could be done are: best bowling and batting performance in a WC match, best wc match also.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They won pretty much everywhere too: great at home, first win in Aus, won in Ind, Pak, smashed Eng
Oh yeah.

Watching Fire in Babylon, there was some serious hinting that Lloyd’s job was on the line after 75/76. I don’t know how accurate that actually is, but it took some stones to essentially throw out the traditional WI play book and go with all out pace.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
An even lower point came during the Ind-Wi series in 75-76 where Ind even chased 400+ in the 4 th innings. Finally Lloyd had enough and decided to go all out on pace.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Nah, I will vote for Aus-SA 99 everytime.

The most recent final had the best finish of any game, but quality-wise wasnt the best match. Actually was quite a slow burner.
after 3 years of roadfests it was pleasing to see an even contest between bat and ball in the final. the only reason why you’d feel that way is because of how odis have been for most of that decade. there were lots of interesting battles in the final you’re neglecting

Socerer 01

International Captain
and besides it also has the advantage of being a final with potential 1st trophy for either side one of which was the host