• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian team - A disgrace to the game

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Swervy said:
hey i am just waiting for some other pearls of wisdom on the 'whos overrated' thread

To be honest your one-eyed vision of cricketing issues etc is getting a bit tiresome. This thread was only started to get this kind of reaction anyway, so what you complaining about
hey bright boy... think twice without telling me one eyed...whatever... if u wanna make a cricket related comment on this thread please do otherwise buzz off....!!!

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
hey bright boy... think twice without telling me one eyed...whatever... if u wanna make a cricket related comment on this thread please do otherwise buzz off....!!!
dont need to think twice about it...your comments positively reek of anti-Australian bias,and you appear to see the behaviour of your beloved Sri Lankan team through rose tinted galsses.

Sri lanka have been guilty of some pretty poor behaviour in the past,and now you are justifying some of the SL teams players behaviour in the Asia Cup final by saying its about time they gave as good as they get.

it is interesting to note that no Indian players have been warned/fined after the Asia Cup final,so I can either deduce that a) the Sri lankans showed a lot of ill-disipline and over-reacted to any goading from the Indians, or b) the Sri Lankans players needed no provocation

Either way,the australians are really no worse than most other teams, but as they are in the media spotlight through being the worlds number one team (almost anticipating you arguing against that point) they tend to get highlighted for poor behaviour more than some of the ,shall we say, 'lesser' teams

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
and thank you for that recognition :D

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
nookie_lk said:
Its about time Sri lanka came outta the shell without staying at the recieving end all the time.... but this cannot be tolarated.

anyway what these guys did was nothing compared to what the Ausie's and the SA player do.
What do mean by 'this can't be tolerated' ?? Are you saying that Kaif and Harbhajan Abused Sangakara first and Sangakara is really an angel on the field ??

And please dont be justifying what is wrong. 8-)

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
anyway what these guys did was nothing compared to what the Ausie's and the SA player do.
what is it exactly that Australians and South Africans do then???

Remember,think about what is being asked, and provide a suitable answer with some evidence.

Yes I know Lehman was wrong for what he said, he has been punished and apologised for it...what other players have been found guilty of what you consider worse than using obscene or abusive language,which short of racist comments, are about as bad as you can get

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Sanz said:
What do mean by 'this can't be tolerated' ?? Are you saying that Kaif and Harbhajan Abused Sangakara first and Sangakara is really an angel on the field ??

And please dont be justifying what is wrong. 8-)
i remmember there was a row between kaif and sangakkara in a match (cant remember the exact match though) kaif was challenging sangakkara telling him to try to get the ball past him when he was fielding in short mid wicket...since that moment sanga and kaif was taking on each other.

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
i remmember there was a row between kaif and sangakkara in a match (cant remember the exact match though) kaif was challenging sangakkara telling him to try to get the ball past him when he was fielding in short mid wicket...since that moment sanga and kaif was taking on each other.
...and that justifies obscene or abusive language?????

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
well kaif wasnt that friendly towards sanga...

so in your eyes that does justify obscene or abusive language...well it doesnt take much then does it, if thats the case then I am surprised that everyone who plays the game doesnt get a torrent of abuse thrown at them.

If that is what Kaif was doing, then he was only playing mind games,a player of international should be able to either ignore it or laugh along with it (or a player of true class would be able to make Kaif eat his own words with a blistering shot past him)...not abuse him.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Swervy said:
so in your eyes that does justify obscene or abusive language...well it doesnt take much then does it, if thats the case then I am surprised that everyone who plays the game doesnt get a torrent of abuse thrown at them.

If that is what Kaif was doing, then he was only playing mind games,a player of international should be able to either ignore it or laugh along with it (or a player of true class would be able to make Kaif eat his own words with a blistering shot past him)...not abuse him.

did u watch what happened last night ???

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
did u watch what happened last night ???
no i didnt...but the umpires obviously didnt see much wrong in what the Indian players were doing, nor did Proctor....anyway ,just answer the question 'Do you think those Sri Lankan players were justified in using obscene or abusive language towards the Indian players??'

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Swervy said:
no i didnt...but the umpires obviously didnt see much wrong in what the Indian players were doing, nor did Proctor....anyway ,just answer the question 'Do you think those Sri Lankan players were justified in using obscene or abusive language towards the Indian players??'
if u did watch the match u will see what exactly sanga and chandana did. and u will see that fining these players was actually unneccesary. The umpires overriacted because kaif and harbajan went crying to the umpire for a word or two.
the way you were talking i thought u have seen the incident...dont believe everything whatever the media says and dont just argue for arguments sake. get a life !!!

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
if u did watch the match u will see what exactly sanga and chandana did. and u will see that fining these players was actually unneccesary. The umpires overriacted because kaif and harbajan went crying to the umpire for a word or two.
the way you were talking i thought u have seen the incident...dont believe everything whatever the media says and dont just argue for arguments sake. get a life !!!
so the umpires were lying then...right ok 8-)

Anyway, so if(because obviously they didnt, it was the Indians running off crying to the umpires,who in turn lied to Mike Proctor, who completely over-reacted to the situation) the Sri Lankans did use obscene or abusive, was it justified in this situation???

I am not arguing for argumentments sake, I am trying to figure out what your attitude towards poor behaviour on the cricket field is...coz you did say you didnt have a one eyed view of things

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
oh by the way...i'm not sri lankan !!!
really...but you do support the Sri Lankan team dont you..and I would take a guess that you are British of Asian(possibly Sri Lankan) decent..is that right?? Please correct me if I am wrong, but you have ceratinly given the impression that you at least follow Sri lanka!!!

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Swervy said:
so the umpires were lying then...right ok 8-)

Anyway, so if(because obviously they didnt, it was the Indians running off crying to the umpires,who in turn lied to Mike Proctor, who completely over-reacted to the situation) the Sri Lankans did use obscene or abusive, was it justified in this situation???

I am not arguing for argumentments sake, I am trying to figure out what your attitude towards poor behaviour on the cricket field is...coz you did say you didnt have a one eyed view of things
the umpires did not lie.... they just overriacted....sure words do go across players....my opinion about poor behaviour is not using any racist comments and not having any physical abuse or as such. the indians misunderstood the way the lankans celebrated...and they were ****ed since they were losing. if u ever had played cricket or any sport u would know how the players feel when they are losing such a important match. The indians should have kept playing without complaining.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Swervy said:
really...but you do support the Sri Lankan team dont you..and I would take a guess that you are British of Asian(possibly Sri Lankan) decent..is that right?? Please correct me if I am wrong, but you have ceratinly given the impression that you at least follow Sri lanka!!!

i am as white as u mate.....but i do follow sri lankan cricket.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
nookie_lk said:
well kaif wasnt that friendly towards sanga...
So if someone is not friendly with you, you will start busing him, Really what a way to prove your point.

I am not friendly, try abusing me. I promise you that you will be kicked out of the forum. :p

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Sanz said:
So if someone is not friendly with you, you will start busing him, Really what a way to prove your point.

I am not friendly, try abusing me. I promise you that you will be kicked out of the forum. :p

since when did u become god ??? to kick me out of the forum my ***

Swervy

International Captain
nookie_lk said:
i am as white as u mate.....but i do follow sri lankan cricket.
how the hell do you know I am white, at no point have I said what my colour is...what has colour got to do with this anyway.

cant get around the fact that you are a one eyed Sri Lankan supporter, who has a pretty anti-Australian view point (dont worry if I am wrong there, I am always being accused of being anti-India on this forum, although I dont think I am),and when it comes to argueing your point (see this thread and the 'overrated' thread) you havent got any foundation on which to justify your opinions...all I have done today is to try and get you to justify your reasoning, which you have failed to do,and when it gets to that point you accuse me of being a lame English supporter,saying that i think Sri Lanka are over-rated,and come up with rubbish about why its ok for Sri Lankan players to abuse the opposition but its so so bad when Australians or South Africans do it....and then say I should get a life....if all it takes is for someone to successfully challenge your rather skewed opinions, then I fear there probably arent that many people that have much to do with you that have a life in your eyes.