• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Selectors

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
Well it's true. Both you and Eclipse seem to knock the guys from Qld who are proven quality players. While you are the only person I know who rates Dominic Thornely, even others from N.S.W. don't rate him...

(And yes I am aware of his recent double century, but everyone gets lucky once).

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
so im not allowed to post what i think about NSW who i rate as pretty good players in that case you shouldn't post anything good about QLD players....

Mister Wright

age_master said:
so im not allowed to post what i think about NSW who i rate as pretty good players in that case you shouldn't post anything good about QLD players....

No, go for it, it is interesting.

Mister Wright

Neil Pickup said:
*funny :p

You are to NSW as Hinton is to Worcestershire.

That is one of the greatest compliments I could ever get. :D

Thank you Neil.

It is my aim to be hated by as many N.S.Welshman as possible.

Mister Wright

Neil Pickup said:
Eh? I'm confused. That were aimed at Age.

You, Kyle, are to NSW as Hinton is to Warwickshire :D
Oh, ok, I was a little confused to. My bad! I don't have a full background of the Hinton and Warwickshire/Worcestershire debate.

You quoted my post, so I thought it was aimed at me.

Mister Wright

Jono said:
Settle down boys, you've got the best team in the world. ;)

Not all of us are blinded by out patriotism. Even though the paper today said that the current qld team could rival most international sides, I don't think it could, at full strength, yes, but the current side would struggle. Atm we rely to heavily on our big guns, and the other players aren't stepping up when it is required.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mister Wright said:
Oh, ok, I was a little confused to. My bad! I don't have a full background of the Hinton and Warwickshire/Worcestershire debate.

You quoted my post, so I thought it was aimed at me.
Hinton rates everyone playing for Worcestershire as near-Godlike and hates Warwickshire.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Warne is god said:
Explain this to me:

Season 2003/04
Bowling
Cameron White: 35 wickets at 37.80
Nathan Hauritz: 16 wickets at 63.93
Batting
Cameron White: 522 runs at 40.15
Nathan Hauritz: 196 runs at 28.00

Now, from those statistics can u tell me which had the better season?
I have to agree with your wholeheartedly. Cameron White is the better cricketer, both with bat and ball. Hauritz had such a bad season that he lost his ACB contract.

I think they went with Hauritz as he had been in the team before, had toured before and therefore would, in their eyes, suffer less of a culture shock.

However, that is the only reason I can think of that even vaguely makes sense.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Western Warrior said:
However, that is the only reason I can think of that even vaguely makes sense.
What about the one about how they've been bowling in the nets?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mister Wright said:
Not all of us are blinded by out patriotism. Even though the paper today said that the current qld team could rival most international sides, I don't think it could, at full strength, yes, but the current side would struggle. Atm we rely to heavily on our big guns, and the other players aren't stepping up when it is required.
You've confused me.

I meant Australia, not Queensland. Unless that's what you meant too?

Mister Wright

Jono said:
You've confused me.

I meant Australia, not Queensland. Unless that's what you meant too?

Well, you joined in the conversation during a debate about domestic teams so I just assumed.