• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Domestic off season 2014.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Stoinis career first class bowling record of 2/275 doesn't suggest he is picked for his all round skills Brockers.

Agree that Carters was robbed for sure.
Arun Finch has 4/246 and is apparently ready to play for Australia (as a bowling all-rounder), according to Dizzy.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Over 9.5: Neser to White, OUT, no run, edged low to the keeper, good catch - SAF A 1/26

Over 23.5: Sandhu to Hendricks, OUT, no run, down leg ide, aims a glance which is brilliantly held by a diving Nevill

Over 28.1: Henriques to Ontong, OUT, no run, comes forward and edges low to the right of Nevill, another fine diving snare - South Africa A now 4-59

brockley

International Captain
Rossouw 225* games gone for us,Boyce 0 for 90 not likely to go to Pakistan now.Still S Africa A will lose 4/5 players for the next match,and thing should be even stevens.

Spikey

Peter Nevill ‏@pmnevill 16s

My great hope is that one day someone will mistakenly call @fizzer18 'Peter'

flibbertyjibber

So other than Nevill what chance do many of these Aussie A players have of playing in the test side in the future?

Not that you won't recall Hughes again at some stage but seems a lot of players in the side you wouldn't think would get a call up.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So other than Nevill what chance do many of these Aussie A players have of playing in the test side in the future?

Not that you won't recall Hughes again at some stage but seems a lot of players in the side you wouldn't think would get a call up.
Difficult to answer. Last Test we played Doolan so big runs in these sort of matches can help someones cause considerably. Before the match started I said the team was ordinary for an A game with the exception of Hughes, Henriques and Sayers. I will begrudgingly admit that Nevill deserves an opportunity and Wade is still a good enough batsman to be in and around the setup.

One thing you have to remember is that apart from the 11 who played our last Test in March, we have the likes of Bailey, Cutting, Faulkner, Finch (lol), Mitch Marsh, Maxwell, Richardson, Starc who weren't considered as they made the Australian ODI squad, plus the brilliant Peter Siddle, Nathan Coulter-Nile etc.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Well the fact so many others were missing was why I asked the question really. When you don't see players yourself you wonder how good they are when there are some relatively new names for the level. Also persevering with guys like Hughes and Ferguson is similar to England Lions picking Bopara, little to be gained by either party as you know all about them and their faults.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think all three of Sandhu, Stoinis and Neser are better at the short formats. The last two in particular are well down the queue in any format. Stoinis actually has quite a solid technique and looks suited to the red ball, so it wouldn't really surprise me to see him score 700+ runs at 40 in a Shield season. We don't actually have all that many openers banging on the door of selection, which is why whoever said Ryan Carters was robbed on the previous page was correct IMO.

Spikey

MP Stoinis no way
PJ Hughes yeah he will
TLW Cooper only if berry becomes coach
CJ Ferguson only if berry becomes coach
MS Wade who knows
MC Henriques probably not anymore
PM Nevill of course
MG Neser only if berry becomes coach
CJ Boyce only if berry becomes coach
CJ Sayers hopefully not until berry gets sacked as SA coach
GS Sandhu could mckay/hastings a test

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Good match for Sok to miss. Is Nev next in line for test keeper or is there still some debate there?

morgieb

Good match for Sok to miss. Is Nev next in line for test keeper or is there still some debate there?
Probably depends when Haddin goes, tbh. He should be but I think Whiteman is rated as the better long-term prospect.