• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AB bowling in 2015 scarred me. Ruined his legacy IMO. Not because his bowling was bad, but I'd have been much happier if he never took his hat off and displayed his depressing hairline. No one is immune.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AB bowling in 2015 scarred me. Ruined his legacy IMO. Not because his bowling was bad, but I'd have been much happier if he never took his hat off and displayed his depressing hairline. No one is immune.
Needs to visit advanced hair like Ponting and Warne.

Daemon

Any theories on why the average professional cricketer is nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as most other sports?

TheJediBrah

Because cricket is barely a sport

peak fitness is icing on the cake rather than the absolute minimum requirement as in most other sports

Also for some reason cricketers tend to try to hang on to the last vestiges of cranial shrubbery they have left where other sportsmen just shave the dome at the first sign of thinning

Daemon

There is truth to this. The least athletic part about cricket is spin bowling, and if we cull the spinners I think aesthetics improve by about 50% just like that.

Genuinely struggling to think of a decent looking spinner in recent times. Honestly Jeets (@Athlai) may just be the best.

TheJediBrah

Yep that's the next level

what in the actual ****

picture doesn't even give full justice to the true extent of his cranial abnormality

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
She will get to carry him over the threshold. Was there some social media joke about his thigh size or something? Hopefully his new bride does not read too much into it. :p

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Shadab from Pakistan is a very athletic spinner. One of the very best point fielders going, just a shame we ddint get to watch him in England much.

bagapath

International Captain
1598617191463.png
Keeping a minimum cut off of 150 wickets, and leaving Sydney Barnes out, these are the fast bowlers who average 4 wkt/ match or above. If three pacers were to be selected for your ATG XI, this is a good pool to dig into.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
he didn't quite reach 150+ wickets but Colin Croft had basically the WPM that Marshall did at 4.63. Pretty interesting he outperformed Holding/Garner/Roberts etc in this category