• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
2nd best

Gilchrist ( Bradman )
Sachin ( Gavaskar )
Sanga ( Murali )
Viv ( Sobers )
Crowe (Hadlee )
Mushfiqur ( Shakib )
Akram ( Imran )
Streak (Flower)
Barnes ( WG )
Steyn ( Procter )
No idea ( Rashid Khan)

bagapath

International Captain
I thought you regarded Gavaskar > Sachin.. Or was that just batting?
True. I am a bit confused on that matter. There are days when my Gavaskar love is unshakeable.
But on other days, since Sachin's retirement, I have started believing that he is the best since Bradman in tests; and the best in ODIs.
A bit like me ranking Federer as the greatest ever without any doubt ever since Nadal (and now Novak) overtook him on the grand slams tally.
Can't explain why.
Perhaps I am able to see them without any statistical condition and answer from the bottom of my heart as to what I think of them purely from my perspective.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
In 80s.

Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar
And
Master Blaster Sanath Jayasuriya
Were introduced in 90s.
wow so original. Even Little Master was first Gavaskar and then Tendulkar.

But Sachin's nickname at that time among Indians was more 'God of cricket' than master blaster or Little master.

Slifer

International Captain

But Sachin's nickname at that time among Indians was more 'God of cricket' than master blaster or Little master.
Thank you. I don't know why some people try to rewrite history. Only one Master Blaster: IVA Richards.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Presuming Viv got master blaster from the Stevie Wonder hit of his time, what songs could Tendulkar have more appropriately taken a nickname from?

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant

No. That came only in the late 90s.
After 1999 WC iirc.
Football is our religion Ronaldo is our Messiah.. was trending during 1998 WC. Sachin fans copied it.. I think.

Little Master and Master Blaster were popular since early 90s.