• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quite amusing that Aussie posters will try and tear down someone such as Gavaskar for being a "sook" or whatever, but have no problem worshipping a player such as Glenn McGrath who was one of the worst sportsmen to ever grace the field. Staggering double standards.
Remind me of any racist comments McGrath made?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Remind me of any racist comments McGrath made?
I didn't say anything about McGrath making racist comments. Just pointing out that a fair few Aussie posters around here are willing to turn a bling eye to his on field tantrums, relentless hate-filled sledging & abysmal sportsmanship, yet still wanna demonise Gavaskar.

trundler

> mention of Border's indiscretion
> Gavaskar is a racist
> Sydney 08
> Steve Waugh claimed a bumped catch
> Sandpapergate
> 2005 Ashes/Faf/Atherton/Dravid
> Loads of autistic screeching

I did the whole thing in fast-forward, can we skip it now?

TheJediBrah

I didn't say anything about McGrath making racist comments. Just pointing out that a fair few Aussie posters around here are willing to turn a bling eye to his on field tantrums, relentless hate-filled sledging & abysmal sportsmanship, yet still wanna demonise Gavaskar.
Yeah Jimmy don't start this. If at any stage you say something along the lines of "yeah well someone from your country did this once so nyeeeeh", you're not starting anything good. Also known as HB'ing.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Jimmy don't start this. If at any stage you say something along the lines of "yeah well someone from your country did this once so nyeeeeh", you're not starting anything good. Also known as HB'ing.
Just trying to spark some entertainment for us whilst we're at work bro :-)

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Partition was clearly a mistake
90’s would’ve been more interesting

Saeed Anwar
Navjot Sidhu
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Mohammad Azharuddin
Moin Khan+
Wasim Akram
Anil Kumble
Waqar Younis
Mushtaq Ahmed

Kapil and Imran would’ve still been there at the start with Miandad.

Going on into the 00’s you’d get

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Mohammad Yousuf
MS Dhoni+
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Shoaib Ahktar

Younis replacing Inzy in the last few years.

and the 10’s

Azhar Ali
Tamim Iqbal
Chesteshwar Pujara
Virat Kohli
Younis Khan
Shakib al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Ravindra Jadeja
Ravichandran Ashwin
Mohammed Shami
Umesh Yadav

Bumrah and Abbas would be taking over now though.

morgieb

What every TJB post makes you wanna say in response...
No-one takes TJB seriously though, not even himself. He's harmless.

I don't really get the Jimmy/Coronis feud though. He seems fairly harmless and that post was flat out harmless. It's similar to the crap I saw that the bad CS posters got from the dicks.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No-one takes TJB seriously though, not even himself. He's harmless.

I don't really get the Jimmy/Coronis feud though. He seems fairly harmless and that post was flat out harmless. It's similar to the crap I saw that the bad CS posters got from the dicks.

Yep.. its very odd especially coz Jimmy is nice to literally everyone else here. Maybe something carried over from some other forum or website or something?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
He just annoys me when he pretends to know what he's talking about when it comes to past cricketers cause all of his opinions are formed around a lazy statsguru search.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain

I'd never pick Gavaskar in a team. What a sook. And this as a national captain. Completely ridiculous situation.
Well, he was only showing his disappointment at the boorish though not unexpected behavior of some of the worst racists ever to appear on a cricket field, the leader being the bowler himself.

For once though, they got back what they deserved. Later in the match, Yashpal Sharma and Kapil Dev mouthed off the departing batsmen as you could see in the below clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2SoSL9pU8U

TheJediBrah

He just annoys me when he pretends to know what he's talking about when it comes to past cricketers cause all of his opinions are formed around a lazy statsguru search.
such as?

lol I literally didn't even put any past cricketers in my list for this thread because, and I quote "I only went with players that I've seen because otherwise I'm relying too much on stats and secondhand reports". Even funnier because, if anything, I actually pretend to know less than I really do about this sort of thing

and fmd at the irony of this coming from you, a bloke whose every second post lately is a dig at someone's nationality.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Yep.. its very odd especially coz Jimmy is nice to literally everyone else here. Maybe something carried over from some other forum or website or something?
I'd be interested too. Most likely I was just a dick and insulted him in some way years ago and he's never gotten over it. I understand some people can be like that

it's quite bizarre because he tries very hard to find things wrong with anything I say and often just comes across making himself look a bit silly in the process, and as you well know, you don't have to wait hard for me to say something inappropriate or worthy of mockery. You don't have to go inventing things.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
such as?

lol I literally didn't even put any past cricketers in my list for this thread because, and I quote "I only went with players that I've seen because otherwise I'm relying too much on stats and secondhand reports". Even funnier because, if anything, I actually pretend to know less than I really do about this sort of thing

and fmd at the irony of this coming from you, a bloke whose every second post lately is a dig at someone's nationality.
Such as Barrington & Sutcliffe, I suppose.

And hang on a sec, when have I ever taken digs at people's nationalities?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
To clarify I'm talking bout coronis here, not you Jedi. Didn't realise you thought I was in a feud with you.