• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Mr Miyagi

Banned
M8 you clearly responded directly to the topic about Tendulkar, and how you rated his performance in Australia. You are the one shifting goal posts.
M8 I replied before you to Red Hill with Australia all time. You now want to talk about a different period. Do you know what moving the goal post is?

You can talk about "Australia all time" if you want but it's not relevant.
M8 it is what I was talking about before you posted. It is relevant to me me

Everyone else is talking about rating Tendulkar and how his performance in Australia relates,
M8 you're the third man in

and that's directly what you are responding to.
M8 I have already directed you back to my first post.

Goodnight JediBrah. Sleep well.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's 2 many fundamental problems here:

1) Only visiting batsmen should be considered and they should have more than 1, or 2 tests. Sanga had what, a 192 in one innings in a series against peak AUS and outside of that did terribly but that one innings inflates his average.
2) What Sobers averaged against a docile Australian attack is irrelevant. IMO, the cutoff should be 2007 because up till then Australia was the best in the world. The quality of opposition is what makes Sachin's runs incredible.
Yeah I summarised this earlier, Tendulkar is 6th on the list of visiting batsmen during his career span, and most of those above him played like 2 or 3 games. He played 20. It's not even an argument.

TheJediBrah

M* I replied before you to Red Hill with Australia all time. You now want to talk about a different period. Do you know what moving the goal post is?
which was irrelevant and shifting the goal posts

M it is what I was talking about before you posted. It is relevant to me m*
Ok but not to anyone else

Talk bout whatever you want, straw man whatever you want, shift whatever goal posts you want, it's cool.

But you're wrong in not rating Tendulkar's runs in Australia. That's clear.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
JediBrah, if you won't let me talk to Red Hill without your latent interference or determination of relevance, do I need to pass by you anything I want to reply as relevant first?

Are you some some supermod that I need to get past first before posting?

Because I damn sure you are the third man in here to Red Hill and myself with a new "Tendulkar only timeline".

Otherwise, let me talk to Red Hill without your interference.

Now if you want to segue to a new topic. Be my guest. Start a new thread on Tendulkar for all I care.

But don't act like you're replying to me, because you're not. You didn't even read my first post in full (which you admitted).

Red Hill and myself, we're sweet. I respect him still because I see where he's coming from and respect it. He doesn't think I'm a troll or a contrarian neither. So we're sweet. But you, you want to change the goal posts and act like it was always the topic between Red Hill and myself.

Where are you going with this? NZ historically suck at cricket? Trust me, NZ cricket fans are more than well aware of this historical fact. Where else?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

JediBrah, if you won't let me talk to Red Hill without your latent interference or determination of relevance, do I need to pass by you anything I want to reply as relevant first?

Are you some some supermod that I need to get past first before posting?

Because I damn sure you are the third man in here with a new "timeline".

Now if you want to segue to a new topic. Be my guest. Start a new thread on Tendulkar for all I care.
Red Hill was specifically talking about Tendulkar, in Australia, against McGrath and Warne and why he rates them. You disagreed because "who doesn't make runs in Australia"? I answered "a lot of people actually" and showed you the stats to back it up. It's called a discussion.

The discussion was specifically about Tendulkar. It's not "segueing into a new topic". If you don't rate him because you think his runs in Australia "don't count" as much because "who doesn't make runs in Australia" then you're entitled to think that, but no one is going to agree with you, because Tendulkar is easily one of the best performers in Australia during the time when they were the strongest team in the world.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Red Hill was specifically talking about Tendulkar, in Australia, against McGrath and Warne and why he rates them. You disagreed because "who doesn't make runs in Australia"? I answered "a lot of people actually" and showed you the stats to back it up. It's called a discussion.
Did Red Hill reply to me before you did? Did I reply to him before you replied to me?

The discussion was specifically about Tendulkar. It's not "segueing into a new topic". If you don't rate him because you think his runs in Australia "don't count" as much because "who doesn't make runs in Australia" then you're entitled to think that, but no one is going to agree with you, because Tendulkar is easily one of the best performers in Australia during the time when they were the strongest team in the world.
Do you remotely feel that between Red Hill clarifying "McWarne" and myself "Australa All time" that you have since as a third man in on the conversation resolved that you have changed the goal posts with Tendulkar 1989 to 2013? If not - why not?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Did Red Hill reply to me before you did? Did I reply to him before you replied to me?
So you're throwing this hissy fit because I pointed out that you're wrong and Red Hill didn't respond to you? I don't control Red Hill's posting, it's a free country

Mr Miyagi

Banned
So you're throwing this hissy fit because I pointed out that you're wrong and Red Hill didn't respond to you? I don't control Red Hill's posting, it's a free country
So you're saying you were before Red Hill's reply to my first post?

Loser leaves the forum bet? I'm keen.

Mods. Who replied first to my first post after Red Hill on Australian batting to Red Hill? JediBrah or myself? After that, Red Hill, myself for Jedi Brah?

JediBrah - you don't even enter until post #7592. You're imagining things. Seriously.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

So you're saying you were before Red Hill's reply to my first post?

Loser leaves the forum bet? I'm keen.

Mods. Who replied first to my first post after Red Hill on Australian batting to Red Hill? JediBrah or myself? After that, Red Hill, myself for Jedi Brah?
the **** are you on about now? Take a step back and look at what you're doing on here

Mr Miyagi

Banned
the **** are you on about now? Take a step back and look at what you're doing on here
#7592 is when you enter.

Goal posts between Redhill and myself are already set.

You're trying to move them.

I don't know why. I don't care why. But I am not the "bad guy" here. I am the guy talking to Red Hill here, and we're sweet already.

So what exactly are you doing JediBrah?

I am sure that Starfigher and NotMcKenzie will support you, but the post chronology is what it is. So what exactly are you fighting with me about?

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Yep Miyagi'd another thread. I'm genuinely sorry for the part I played.
More like 'JediBrah'd'.

RedHill and myself were fine before you entered. Fact.

You were third man in and the thread went pear shaped.

The chronology is the chronology.

You have all facts against you. (Yet again).

So shall we just ignore each other from now on? Deal?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

even if you take "all time Australia" if you want, (which is still irrelevant):

Batting average for touring sides in Aus = 28.65

NZ = 32.97
Eng = 29.24
Ind = 31.61
Pak = 30.06
SA = 27.85
SL = 29.79
WI = 32.26

You're still wrong. Batting in Australia has not been easier. South Africa is the only country with a lower avge than Aus.

I even took the liberty of restricting it to post 1965 (guessing that all pitches were covered past then?, seeing as you mentioned that as a factor earlier), and guess what? Figures pretty much exactly the same.

No matter which way you try and shift things you're wrong

More like 'JediBrah'd'.

RedHill and myself were fine before you entered. Fact.

You were third man in and the thread went pear shaped.

The chronology is the chronology.

You have all facts against you. (Yet again).

So shall we just ignore each other from now on? Deal?
Why can't you just be an adult about it though? Are you seriously going to ignore everyone who ever points out when you've said something wrong? Do you see how pathetic that is?

Mr Miyagi

Banned
even if you take "all time Australia" if you want, (which is still irrelevant):

Batting average for touring sides in Aus = 28.65

NZ = 32.97
Eng = 29.24
Ind = 31.61
Pak = 30.06
SA = 27.85
SL = 29.79
WI = 32.26

You're still wrong. Batting in Australia has not been easier. South Africa is the only country with a lower avge than Aus.

I even took the liberty of restricting it to post 1965 (guessing that all pitches were covered past then?, seeing as you mentioned that as a factor earlier), and guess what? Figures pretty much exactly the same.

No matter which way you try and shift things you're wrong
And it still doesn't change who doesn't make runs in Australia overall averages where Tendulkar is 73rd.

I appreciate your stubbornness. Damn, I'll go even further, I very much respect it.

I'll even accept your stats as true and gospel.

But nothing you now say changes the fact that Red Hill and myself were sweet before you entered and changed the goalposts to Tendulkar.

But after this post, I do think much higher of you (whether you care about my opinion or not).

Think about this overnight.

This was an impressive post if accurate. I sincerely mean this. Read my posts in full in future and you may feel similar respect for me back. And if this post is true, you're smart enough not to resort to fallacies to make your point, and where your point fails, perhaps your intuition is not as good as your logic.

Very good statsguru if you're right JediBrah. I'm impressed. (But Tendulkar is still 73rd overall).

Well done. I concede nothing. But my respect for you has increased exponentially (if that means anything at all to you).

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

And it still doesn't change who doesn't make runs in Australia where Tendulkar is 73rd.
This was never relevant. As explained earlier the list is full of Australians, and players who played 1 or 2 games.

I appreciate your stubbornness. Damn, I'll go even further, I very much respect it.
thanks I guess

I'll even accept your stats as true and gospel.
Thanks

But nothing you now say changes the fact that Red Hill and myself were sweet before you entered and changed the goalposts to Tendulkar.
This isn't high school and we aren't 13 year old girls. Your discussions aren't going to affect who you're "sweet" with.

But after this post, I do think much higher of yoy (whether you care about my opinion or not).

As long as you've learned something then I guess it wasn't a complete waste of time. Batting in Australia is not easier than anywhere else, historically or during Tendulkar's career. As I said, it's only really been the last 5 years.

If there's one thing you should take away from this is that you will have differences of opinion with people, and you won't always be right. How you handle being wrong is important. This is not how you should handle it. If you can't handle being called out on your comments, then an online forum is not the place for you.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
This was never relevant. As explained earlier the list is full of Australians, and players who played 1 or 2 games.

thanks I guess

Thanks

This isn't high school and we aren't 13 year old girls. Your discussions aren't going to affect who you're "sweet" with.

As long as you've learned something then I guess it wasn't a complete waste of time. Batting in Australia is not easier than anywhere else, historically or during Tendulkar's career. As I said, it's only really been the last 5 years.

If there's one thing you should take away from this is that you will have differences of opinion with people, and you won't always be right. How you handle being wrong is important. This is not how you should handle it.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Yeah you ruined it JediBrah. Respect reduced ten fold. Stay out of my conversations with people as third man in changing the goal posts in future please. (Chronology in this thread as proof).

If you don't read my posts in full before replying (as conceded in this thread and more already - quotes ((or proof of edits on request))), you have no idea what I'm talking nor the topic about at the best at times.

And trust me, I don't write for the average 13 year old. Maybe you try to.

Don't "JediBrah" every thread I post in please.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Yeah you ruined it JediBrah. Respect reduced ten fold. Stay out of my conversations with people as third man in changing the goal posts in future please. (Chronology in this thread as proof).

If you don't read my posts in full before replying (as conceded in this thread and more already - quotes or proof of edits on request), you have no idea what I'm talking nor the topic about at the best at times.

And trust me, I don't write for the average 13 year old. Maybe you try to.

Don't "JediBrah" every thread I post in please.
This is an open forum. People will respond to you whether or not you are in a direct conversation with them at the time. And sometimes they will point out when you are wrong. If you can't accept that then an online forum is not for you.