• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Spark

Global Moderator
devoid of facts ? are you kidding. Do you know about Bengal Famine of 1943 ? why it occured ? more than a million people died of hunger in one of the region famous for abaundant rice cultivation - Bengal ( A province now divided into West Bengal in India and Bangladesh). British took away rice crops from this place to support Britain and its military during WW2 and more than 3 million people in that region died of hunger.

Do you think a Small Continent like Europe can wage World Wars ? with out the support of colonized nations ? and support of India for Britain was key to their Success.
This is like the fifth or sixth time you've dragged utterly bizarre, race-based and/or nationalist conspiracy theories into cricket discussions for no
reason. No one gives the slightest **** about your pseudohistorical obsessions. You've literally been banned for this before.

This will be your final warning. The next time you do this, it will be an immediate ban of a very lengthy nature.

I'm making this public as a request for everyone else to not engage with this stuff any more, just report it. Sick of seeing threads derailed by this.

EDIT: Just to clarify, it's the entire discussion starting with "who really invented cricket" which is the problem here, not this specific post.

Last edited:

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
This is like the fifth or sixth time you've dragged utterly bizarre, race-based and/or nationalist conspiracy theories into cricket discussions for no
reason. No one gives the slightest **** about your pseudohistorical obsessions. You've literally been banned for this before.

This will be your final warning. The next time you do this, it will be an immediate ban of a very lengthy nature.

I'm making this public as a request for everyone else to not engage with this stuff any more, just report it. Sick of seeing threads derailed by this.
Sorry it is not a Pseudo History. I am an Anthropology and History Student myself and its a fact and after that discussion I did not bring that topic again. May be you are from England and I can see why you are offended.

capt_Luffy

International Regular

With due respect Spark, and he has brought in plenty of **** history into discussion which I myself have corrected as utter bs; but 1943 Bengal famine is definitely not one of them. It was a man made tragedy (portrayed by media sometimes as natural; a huge farce) comparable to the Holocaust which is "for some reason" Totally ignored by most media and that piece of **** Churchill is presented as a Hero. If you want to give me infractions for this, feel free to do so, but please; don't highlight a 3 million people killing famine and call it 'pseudohistorical'.

Spark

Global Moderator
With due respect Spark, and he has brought in plenty of **** history into discussion which I myself have corrected as utter bs; but 1943 Bengal famine is definitely not one of them. It was a man made tragedy (portrayed by media sometimes as natural; a huge farce) comparable to the Holocaust which is "for some reason" Totally ignored by most media and that piece of **** Churchill is presented as a Hero. If you want to give me infractions for this, feel free to do so, but please; don't highlight a 3 million people killing famine and call it 'pseudohistorical'.
To be absolutely clear I quoted the last post in the entire discussion. It was the "cricket actually came from India" that went for two pages.

Apologies for that, obviously the Bengal famine is in a very different bucket.

Spark

Global Moderator
As previously stated, I myself commented on their absurdity more than anyone else. Sorry if I Overreacted.
Yeah it was my bad, I should have made it clear it was the whole derail that I objected to.

It isn't the first time it's happened, as I've said. As Coronis pointed out, we have a whole damn subforum for this.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Yeah it was my bad, I should have made it clear it was the whole derail that I objected to.

It isn't the first time it's happened, as I've said. As Coronis pointed out, we have a whole damn subforum for this.
there is no historical proof if Cricket Originated in India but I just pointed out the possible reasons why India could have influenced British to invent the Sport. In a Discussion sometimes we may go off the topic to prove a point. But as you said we can discuss that in a different thread.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Why has it taken this long for moderators to take action and still not banned him. If I was English and said what he did about India I'd be immediately banned as an anti-Indian racist, meanwhile he's still free to post his crap
Excuse me i am not posting any crap. I spoke with more dignity than you in these threads. you just want someone to get banned because that person don't agree with what you think as right.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
No, you are an anti-English racist. Quite obvious by your posts
If i speak against English it means I am a racist ? and check my previous posts in the thread where I went to support an English Ashes Team over Australian Team.

I am not against England but I pointed out some of the several advantages England had during colonial period because of India.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
To change topic…

So idgaf about short formats really. I’ll occasionally watch the WC when Australia plays and BBL if my mates or a pub have it on. Here’s my ATG ODI XI based on a tiny amount of paying attention in those situations and whatever I’ve absorbed while skimming through posts here through the years. Tell me how bad it is.

Tendulkar
Gilchrist+
Richards
Kohli
de Villiers
Bevan
Klusenar
Wasim
Garner
Murali
McGrath

I think Dhoni is the main one I’ve heard about who was apparently good in ODIs but I really wanted Bevan and isn’t 7 a lil low for Dhoni in an ODI? If not I’d probably take Klusenar and Gilchrist out and add him and Jayasuriya. Starc’s also one I hear a lot but meh. Was also tempted to put Rhodes in for fielding.

Lemme know how bad it is, and why I should continue to stay away from short formats.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am never very fond of Klusener at 7. He was batting there for a bit but he was best as an attacking #8 or a pinch hitter IMO. The sample size must be pretty small from my memory.

I would rather open with Jayasuriya or Lara and have MSD in the side there. And I generally go for Warne over Murali coz Warne's batting is useful and Richards or Sachin can bowl the off-spin required.

Something like this -

Sachin
Jayasuriya
Viv
Virat
MSD (c) (wk)
Bevan
Kapil
Warne
Wasim
Lee
Ambrose

Some pace, bounce, swing, reverse swing with those 4 seamers, Warne, Jayasuriya, Sachin, Viv and Bevan can provide every variety of spin available. Enough batting depth, good fielders all around and there are bowlers who can own every type of condition and pitch available.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I had same reaction as you until I realised Spark did not add the emphasis. That was in the post he quoted.