• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'A' team

ataraxia

International Coach
R:

1. BA Richards /
2. IR Redpath /
3. IVA Richards /
4. KS Ranjitsinhji / o
5. JE Root /
6. RB Richardson /
7. W Rhodes* o /
8. RC Russell + /
9. AME Roberts o
10. T Richardson o
11. KAJ Roach o

Jack Ryder; Mark Richardson; JF, JR, BA Reid; Ransford; Ranatunga; Rae; Rabada; and Ramadhin are among other possibilities.

Gob

International Coach
S isn't that bad

Smith, G *
Sehwag
Sangakkara
Smith, S
Sobers
Stewart +
Stokes
Starc
Swann
Steyn
Snow

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
S isn't that bad

Smith, G *
Sehwag
Sangakkara
Smith, S
Sobers
Stewart +
Stokes
Starc
Swann
Steyn
Snow
Not bad but the top order might be even stronger with H.Sutcliffe, Bob Simpson, Andrew Strauss or even Michael Slater as openers.

ataraxia

International Coach
V:

1. MP Vaughan* /
2. M Vijay /
3. DB Vengsarkar /
4. GD Viswanath /
5. AC Voges / pt
6. HG Vivian / o
7. L Vincent / +
8. WPUJC Vaas o /
9. H Verity o
10. VAP van der Bijl o
11. W Voce o

This one of the more interesting letter sides. I couldn't find a better keeper than Vincent and there are 3 spinners - all stalwarters for their side - available alongside Verity: Vettori, Valentine, and Venkat.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
For S I'd go

Smith, G c
Sutcliffe, H
Sehwag
Sangakkara
Smith, S
Sobers
Stokes
Smith, I wk
Swann
Steyn
Statham

Even stronger and a proper keeper

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
For all the Scots out there, here's a team of Mcs and Macs

C.McDonald
J.McGlew
C.Macartney
S.McCabe
B.McCullum (capt)
C.McCool
J.Maclean
C.McDermott
G.McKenzie
S.MacGill
G.McGrath

12th Man K.Mackay (or C.McMillan)

R.McCosker could almost squeeze in ahead of McDonald and Archie MacLaren is unlucky.

The tail looks a bit long starting with John Maclean.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
This is addictive!

The "C" team bristles with batting talent

A.Cook
C.Cowdrey
D.Compton
G.Chappell
S.Chanderpaul (capt)
M.Clark
H.Cameron (wkp)
C.Cairns
C.Croft
A.Cotter
B.Chandrasekhar
12th man M.Crowe

Unlucky: L.Constantine

Ian Chappell misses out as his Test average is lower than all those batsmen named (and his commentaries can be annoying)

I though I'd struggle finding a 'keeper but 'Jock" Cameron was a revelation. Wikipedia says "A tragic figure owing to his premature death when probably the best wicket-keeper in the world, Cameron is often forgotten today but regarded by those who know about him as one of the best wicket-keepers in the history of cricket. Cameron was also a brilliant, hard-hitting middle-order batsman who once hit Hedley Verity for thirty runs off one over." Impressive!

ataraxia

International Coach
For all the Scots out there, here's a team of Mcs and Macs

C.McDonald
J.McGlew
C.Macartney
S.McCabe
B.McCullum (capt)
C.McCool
J.Maclean
C.McDermott
G.McKenzie
S.MacGill
G.McGrath

12th Man K.Mackay (or C.McMillan)

R.McCosker could almost squeeze in ahead of McDonald and Archie MacLaren is unlucky.

The tail looks a bit long starting with John Maclean.
This was a draft recently. See http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/81432-grand-slam-draft-tournament-2.html#post4317094.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
I though I'd struggle finding a 'keeper but 'Jock" Cameron was a revelation. Wikipedia says "A tragic figure owing to his premature death when probably the best wicket-keeper in the world, Cameron is often forgotten today but regarded by those who know about him as one of the best wicket-keepers in the history of cricket. Cameron was also a brilliant, hard-hitting middle-order batsman who once hit Hedley Verity for thirty runs off one over." Impressive!
“You’ve got him in two minds, Hedley; he doesn’t know whether to hit you for 4 or for 6”.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
A ' Z ' team from Pak

Fakhar Zaman
Mudassar Nazar
Azhar Ali
Zaheer Abbas
Babar Azam
Rameez Raja
Sarfraz Ahmed
Azhar Mahmood
Abdur Razzak