• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Technology

Kimbo

International Debutant
I am disappointed that with all the technology developed in various countries it hasnt been collaborated for this World Cup, the biggest celebration of the game there is.

What happened to:
- hawkeye
- virtual spectator
- the dots on the pitch thing...

and whatever other helpful technology that has been developed.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they are great innovations, but in the end they are pretty useless to the game. I dont need hawkeye to tell me if a ball is going to hit the stumps, anyone can tell by looking at a few replays.
in the end ive been fairly happy with the coverage, and a good eray of commentators which is good.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
What coverage?

Virtual Spectator...I've only seen that being used on Ch4's Rally Coverage and it looks like a wierd version of Colin McRea Rally 2! :lol:

Kimbo

International Debutant
Virtual spectator shows where all the fielders are and has the approximate area they can cover, so it shows all the gaps in the field.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sunil Havascar said:
Virtual spectator shows where all the fielders are and has the approximate area they can cover, so it shows all the gaps in the field.
Yup, and on the Rally coverage it shows where each car was in relation to the other cars...like a simulation of what it would look like if all the cars set off at the same time. And when they zoom out slightly it looks like Colin McRea Rally 2 wa-heeeeeeeey!!! :lol: