• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team of the Year 2022

Shady Slim

International Coach
can't think if a team off my head but root surely a bit hard done by there? i know that ingerlund benefit from test match spam but it feels like he's piled mountains on this year

Sunil1z

International Regular
Assuming most of the people agree with this Team , when was the last time none of the FAB4 couldn’t make 11 of a particular year ?
2011or 2012 ?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Assuming most of the people agree with this Team , when was the last time none of the FAB4 couldn’t make 11 of a particular year ?
2011or 2012 ?
In 2013 you’re presumably picking Sanga and Kallis. Maybe Smith as well but he’d only just got back into the team iirc. Don’t remember when KW kicked up exactly.

By 2014 there’s no argument for leaving all of them out.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
In 2013 you’re presumably picking Sanga and Kallis. Maybe Smith as well but he’d only just got back into the team iirc. Don’t remember when KW kicked up exactly.

Checking, 2013 had Taylor, De Villiers and Pujara all averaging 70+.

2014 very much the coming of the Fab Four era though.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Khwaja
Shafique
Babar Azam
Daryl Mitchell
Bairstow
Pant (wkt)
Stokes (C)
Jansen
Rabada
Lyon
Anderson

12th Man : Cummins
Chandimal and Brathwaite are both very unlucky to miss out.

To play:

Brathwaite
Imam Ul-Haq
Labuschagne
Chandimal
Head
Blundell (wk)
Mayers
Cummins (c)
Robinson
Jayasuriya
Boland

Shady Slim

International Coach
Possibly a case of him suffering from English spam here. He was in sublime form V NZ and India. Less so in the two series since.
i think this might be it yeah

without seeing the numbers i would have largely agreed with the sunilz team with joe root and blundell in for d-mitch pant, but now on notice of mitchell having averaged more than 60 i would have to return to my grotto and consider the point more

ashley bach

International Captain
Trundler (youth required at the top of the order, Trundler and Shady perfect for this)
Shady slim
Flem 274
Prince Ews
Fuller Pilch
SillyCowcorner1
GIMH (every team needs a wicket keeper)
Thierry Henry (Thierry and Sledger perfect for dishing out the sledging)
Sledger
Migara (every team can do with a Murali)
Heath Davis speed (speed required speaks for itself)

Burgey (12th man) (every team needs someone to carry the drinks trolley)

Could easily make a 2nd, 3rd, 4th 11 but it's almost time to watch Warner turn his fortunes around.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possibly a case of him suffering from English spam here. He was in sublime form V NZ and India. Less so in the two series since.
This doesn't really make sense unless you're assuming that the bonus "spam" matches are the ones he struggled in and not the ones he did well in. You could just as well say that he's benefited from it than suffered from it.

You're definitely not picking Smith in 2013

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah no one is picking Smith in a toty in 2013. People were still questioning his place in the national side (though that was already absurd at that point)