• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taking off the Gloves and Helmet

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What score do you think a batsmen requires for him to be able to take off his gloves and helmet while at the non-strikers end

I personally think, for the gloves to come off the batsmen must have a score between 70-100

Helmet is 140+

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah and it still looks bad if a batsmen starts taking off his gear after a few hours, yeah temperature is important as well.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
GoT_SpIn said:
What score do you think a batsmen requires for him to be able to take off his gloves and helmet while at the non-strikers end
In Damien Martyn's case during Ashes 2005, I'm surprised he bothered putting them on in the first place.

Josh

International Regular
Dunno. I see a lot of batsman who always have the gloves off when they're at the non-strikers end. I experimented with this in my first year of under 16's. After 3 matches I just realised it was a hassle.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Sorry, Linda :D
i was about to reply with some angry comment, then i got it..

Btw,

tailenders should be banned from taking off gloves or helmet. You need to earn the right to do that

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Our school captain removes his helmet at the non-strikers end so often we take a count in the scorebook. I batted with him on a really hot day two years ago and his helmet must have been off about 30 times in 20 overs.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Am I the only person to have read this thread and been overcome by its baffling lack of point?
I thought the point was to make fun of fat batsmen because they have to take their helmet of earlier :ph34r:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
What if you're too hardcore to wear gloves and a helmet in the first place?
Good point. Maybe if you score 50+ runs you can't use a bat, but only a stump

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Am I the only person to have read this thread and been overcome by its baffling lack of point?
:wacko: We are discussing batting Etiquette in regards to removal of equipment at an appropiate time.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Good point. Maybe if you score 50+ runs you can't use a bat, but only a stump
Maybe you tuck the pads under the arm. Or use your protector as a cap.