• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taibu Quits Zimbabwean Cricket

cameeel

International Captain
Taibu Quits

Meaning Zimbabwe have lost their only 4 half-decent players in the last 12 months, if this keeps going they'll have to be demoted from the test ranks IMO.

Chubb

International Regular
This is being discussed in the **Official** Zimbabwe Domestic Season Thread. However, I understand if not everyone views it, and this is significant enough to have its own, so more people will discuss it. Here is my original post from that thread:

I can't say it's much of a surprise. Tatenda has to get the hell out of there now or go into hiding because the Zanu are going to come for him unless he's careful. I think this represents the final disintegration of Zimbabwean cricket- The ICC isn't going to do anything though... those unprincipled little bureaucratic pigs are just going to let it happen.

Surely, surely they have to do something. Everyone can see it, but you can be almost certain it'll be recorded as "A domestic matter" and criticism hushed up as "Imperialistic" or "Colonial". Zimbabwe does not deserve this disgusting apathy. Cricket does not deserve that useless bunch of imbeciles living the high life in Dubai and stopping people from drinking non-sponsor bevergaes and legislating the correct procedure for the abandonment of play whilst thugs, con artists and racists seize control of a country's sport. I hate ZC. I hate Zanu, and I hate the ICC

(believe me, I would have used far worse terms of abuse were it not for the filters)

Right. courses of action that the ICC could take:
1. Ban Zimbabwe. This would improve both the moral character of the ICC and the playing standards of world cricket. It would hopefully be the final nail in the coffin for ZC. However, if ZC do not care about the game (and I don't think they do) then it will be the end for Zimbabwean cricket for they will take it down with them, if they fall, and that's only an if with the current situation as the govt. backs them 100%

2. Intervene. Refuse to recognise ZC and set up its own board to run the game in Zimbabwe. This would probably mean Tatenda would stay on and would improve the standard of Zimbabwe's cricket, improve the moral character and the international game. The drawback is that Zanu could make the new board impossible to run and Zanu also have the power to kill cricket in Zimbabwe outright (by making it illegal- don't put it past them)

3. Suspend Zimbabwe. Done before and didn't work, which means they'll probably do it again anyway. This has only negative implications for the game would all but die out, ZC would still be in control and the players won't come back.

4. Do nothing. Allow ZC to bring down Zimbabwean cricket with their racism and political bullying. Continue allowing Zim to play international cricket despite the absence of their one remaining goodish player. Nothing good will come of this.

Now what I think should happen to the remaining team:
1. Ham Masakadza must be captain. He's clever, the best batsman in the team now, and potentially a world-class player.
2. Give the gloves to Chappie Coventry and have him bat 8 with Blignaut 7
3. Williams/ de Grandhomme for Taibu.

It is entirely possible that the rest of the team will quit/ strike in sympathy but in the end barring intervention ZC will win. The situation is hopeless.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Very sad, but I hope that he goes overseas and becomes a real force.
His in South Africa playing for the Cape Copas, so hopefully he can produce a pretty good career over there.

cameeel

International Captain
Blignaut's about Zimbabwe's only up-to-scratch player left now

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
Sad day indeed for cricket.
I cant recall anyone who displayed so much maturity at such a young age in such trying circumstances and justifiably held his head high when everything was crumbling around him.

A Real Hero - Tatenda Taibu.

- From an ardent admirer

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SJS said:
I cant recall anyone who displayed so much maturity at such a young age in such trying circumstances and justifiably held his head high when everything was crumbling around him.

- From an ardent admirer
Well said.

Hugely talented too, reliable behind the stumps and above average batting talent, even a more than useful bowler! I hope he has a lot of success in the remainder of his first-class career.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
_Ed_ said:
Well said.

Hugely talented too, reliable behind the stumps and above average batting talent, even a more than useful bowler! I hope he has a lot of success in the remainder of his first-class career.
He is still very young and can manage to play international cricket for some other country in due course - an option.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
it's certainly a sad situation and pretty appalling that the ICC have let it come to this point. If I were trying to promote a healthy international competition I would not let a team rot like this for so long!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SJS said:

- From an ardent admirer
Excellent post. Totally agree.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Was very sad when I heard this. Zimbabwe is one screwed up country.

Best of luck to you Taibu!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I let out a very big gasp when I saw this on Cricinfo, horrible stuff for cricket, Zimbabwe and of course the man himself.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
arg, can't stand that zimbabwe board is sooo f**** corrupt!!! I mean!!! common!!! Taibu is such a great player..!

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
andyc said:
I let out a very big gasp when I saw this on Cricinfo, horrible stuff for cricket, Zimbabwe and of course the man himself.
:@

yes the zimbabwe team will now scor almost nothing. a few 7year old cud take the place of the zimbabwe team :wacko: and someone good can replace taibu. TAIBU IS GOD.

ps how do you get those permanant thingys under the line signature i think theyr called .

also check out my new thread=wats your batting song in cricket humor :wacko:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
33/3from3.3 said:
:@

yes the zimbabwe team will now scor almost nothing. a few 7year old cud take the place of the zimbabwe team :wacko: and someone good can replace taibu. TAIBU IS GOD.

ps how do you get those permanant thingys under the line signature i think theyr called .

also check out my new thread=wats your batting song in cricket humor :wacko:
Haha to get a sig just go to User CP on the top left of the screen, then go to Edit Signature