• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20 WC Warm-up Matches

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate there's at least two other blokes who should be rissoled before him.
Smith is terribad in T20 when he's not at 3 and he's even struggled there recently. As much as ide like to bin finch he's the captain, and Maxy is the best fielder in the team+ his bowling is a huge reason were able to play Wade at 7 with 4 bowlers over agar at 7 like we use to.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maxwell has been a liability for nearly as long as Finch. In fact, if it wasn't for Finch he'd justifiably have all the pressure on him to retain his spot. He's been pathetic.

Finch should have been tapped on the shoulder over six months ago, and tbh Maxwell just shouldn't be there right now. There's barely an upside to either of them atm. You can't seriously suggest Maxwell's bowling is so good or his fielding demonstrably that much better than other options that it can keep him in the side. He's a good fielder, though he dropped a sitter the other night, but that can't keep him in the side over Steve Smith of all people. Smith isn't exactly Inzamam in the field himself.

Maxwell's there to make runs and he's done SFA for ages. I hope he comes good because I don't think they can win it without more from him, but the signs are not good. It's pretty rubbish on the selectors' part that they're a week out and don't know what their best side is

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Maxwell has been a liability for nearly as long as Finch. In fact, if it wasn't for Finch he'd justifiably have all the pressure on him to retain his spot. He's been pathetic.

Finch should have been tapped on the shoulder over six months ago, and tbh Maxwell just shouldn't be there right now. There's barely an upside to either of them atm. You can't seriously suggest Maxwell's bowling is so good or his fielding demonstrably that much better than other options that it can keep him in the side. He's a good fielder, though he dropped a sitter the other night, but that can't keep him in the side over Steve Smith of all people. Smith isn't exactly Inzamam in the field himself.

Maxwell's there to make runs and he's done SFA for ages. I hope he comes good because I don't think they can win it without more from him, but the signs are not good. It's pretty rubbish on the selectors' part that they're a week out and don't know what their best side is
Difference between maxi and smith is that Smith's high end output at the moment is a 30*(25) like he hit vs sri-lanka in the 3rd T20 over there at 5, maxi's is a 30 (15-17). We can't afford smith dragging his way to 10(10) before holing out batting below 5 with finch out of form, it's killed the momentum of more than one run chase in the past 3 months. Maxi is just slogging/running himself out without wasting balls+ he makes the balance of the side better, smith doesn't.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I dunno if he makes the balance of the side better when he's making no runs at all as he has for about his last dozen innings.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I dunno if he makes the balance of the side better when he's making no runs at all as he has for about his last dozen innings.
Him and smith are both contributing SFA, just that when maxy fires he goes at a higher sr than smith and also fills in overs that allow us to field wade at 7, which is half the reason we've been successful recently. Smith is a class player, just don't think he should be anywhere near the t20 side if he's not batting 3.

Heboric

International Debutant
Get a climate Australia
SA vs Bangladesh abadoned without a ball being bowled
Needed that game for the almighty Schkipper

Ditto for New Zealand vs India

Last edited: