• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T10 Cricket League

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
I saw some games and it was actually quite fun. Obviously nothing to be taken seriously and it can't surpass T20 just yet but it is a fun way to spend a cold afternoon. I think this sort of thing should be welcomed because it draws in crowds, gets people watching and gives avenues to cricketers who may not be regularly playing. Also very good seeing the world's leading ODI players involved because I originally thought it would be low level.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maratha Arabians LOL what a name. That's right up there in the "worst cricket franchise name" stakes. And there's some hefty competition.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's good man it promotes diversity. Nothing can compare to Rising Pune Supergiant.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah that's not that bad at all. You can't say it's worse or indeed all that different to "Mumbai Indians".

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Maratha Arabians. I do not get it. Maratha and Arabians. That is two separate people there.

SeamUp

International Coach
:D Remember that.

Didn't know someone could look at a cricket bat with such affection as Asad Shafiq did in that video.

smash84

The Tiger King
yes, i agree with VCS, maratha arabians has to be up there with the worst names of franchises,

just awful

theegyptian

Looks like the Irish are bringing it home for the kings.

Weirdly Liam Dawson bowled 2 overs for 12 runs for 3 wickets in the tournament, and yet bowled only those two overs in four games.

S.Kennedy

Wherever there is a dodgy competition in UAE bankrolled by millionaires, Eoin Morgan will be there.

Last edited:

Golden Horde

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's back :thumbup1: And it's bigger than last year with two more teams and players from 20 different countries, including Nepal and the US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_T10_Cricket_League#Squads

I know that plenty of people find this cringeworthy and if you gave me a choice, I'd pick a good Test match any day, but why not both? These guys get to have some fun, UAE cricket moves ever closer to financial independence and it helps guys like Rohan Mustafa and Ali Khan to carry on playing the game professionally, or for Stirling to not have to take up a Middlesex contract by retiring from international duties. More power to these guys

This edition of the Cricket Pod discusses something related to this - https://www.thenational.ae/sport/cr...port-for-the-better-says-chirag-suri-1.791145

(Always worth a listen in general)

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally... a format of cricket I can pay even less attention to than T20. The Gods are smiling upon me.