• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions and feedback

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I think people should stick to the match thread, which we do make use of. If someone has a video feed, skype and the mixlr page running on mute all at the same time they will probably have bandwidth problems. Also I don't want to redirect traffic away from the CW thread.
Trouble is some of the things seem more like chat that forum posts, if you see what I mean. Eg if Cribb had been posting all his comments in the thread he would have had 85 % of the posts there.

Shady Slim

International Coach

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Trouble is some of the things seem more like chat that forum posts, if you see what I mean. Eg if Cribb had been posting all his comments in the thread he would have had 85 % of the posts there.
The issue is hi tour thread isn't the most active. Can go an hour without posts etc One imagine it would've been different during the WC, and will during the Ashes/NZ tour.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It would be more active if the more active members weren't commentating tbf.

I definitely need a headset though as my laptop's fan issues are an absolute pain

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah I realise this, was mentioning it though as it's not always something the person behind the mic notices . Once I pegged out who was who, I actually thought it was more Shady Slim than yourself though? Or did I get the 2 of you mixed up? :p
Yeah, fair call. As for who was who, I was the quieter one with the reports from Cribb, meaning I often talked about Narsingh Deonarine and tried to avoid talking about Sulieman Benn for the most part. Probably should have reintroduced ourselves a bit more often but oh well.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Yeah, fair call. As for who was who, I was the quieter one with the reports from Cribb, meaning I often talked about Narsingh Deonarine and tried to avoid talking about Sulieman Benn for the most part. Probably should have reintroduced ourselves a bit more often but oh well.
here is a very late recap that i meant to post last night

-i talked about sulieman benn early, stopped in the middle and then reverted to benn-bashing accidentally during the jorderson slog when observing they would like to have a strike spinner
-it was me starting a lot of the general discussion as by the latter half of the first session my legitimate television coverage was behind dan's actual television coverage
-the clicks of the keyboard were dan i think because i heard them too and i did very little typing, all that i did was two skype messages to dan
-desk clacks i did not observe though couldn't have been me as i was on a couch
-the fan and background noises were probably me because my laptop does that

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah; I started posting a few in the match thread but it felt weird randomly bringing up Vernon Philander for example. Quite a few of my comments were essentially direct replies to the commentary rather than general thoughts about the game, and it'd get seriously annoying for people in the match thread who weren't listening to the commentary to read all my out of context posts.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure whether it was cab or mariner, but one of your mics/voice was a bit soft.

First time listening live, really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah; I started posting a few in the match thread but it felt weird randomly bringing up Vernon Philander for example. Quite a few of my comments were essentially direct replies to the commentary rather than general thoughts about the game, and it'd get seriously annoying for people in the match thread who weren't listening to the commentary to read all my out of context posts.
Use chat, then

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Listened to the first 3 hours of day 5 yesterday and it was really professional. I felt the lead guys (spark the first 2 hours and Howe the third hour) described the proceedings superbly. Sparks got a great understanding of the art of bowling so I enjoyed listening to that a lot.

Howe sounds so similar to a famous commentator who I can't think of his name, any idea who I mean? I really like how he included the other guys in the discussions and overall I just find him entertaining to listen to as he strikes the right balance between being professional and witty.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I literally only managed to catch 5 mins here and there but what I did hear was superb...........massive kudos to the commentators and those involved in setting this up:thumbup:

I really think there is some mileage in this so I hope that those that have put in the effort to get this up and running aren't too disappointed by the relatively low participation so far. As we all know the time zone for the West Indies is a killer for us here in Oz and NZ but with some big series coming up in more sociable time zones I can see this becoming really popular.

To listen to guy's calling the cricket that actually know what the **** they are talking about is the stuff of dreams..........can't see me ever listening to Ch9 or the Sky boy's again with this available.